New Mechanical Keyboard

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a new mechanical keyboard but I can't find one I really like.

I use Cherry MX Browns, want dedicated media keys (not just volume controls but play/pause, back and forward as well) and Red/White/No backlight.

Do any of you guys know anything that I might have missed?

Thanks

Sounds like an easy find only thing is the red/white color scheme, not many keyboard have those.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Sounds like an easy find only thing is the red/white color scheme, not many keyboard have those.

I think he meant either a red, white or no backlight, rather than a red and white keyboard. I could be wrong though. 

The only one I can think of with dedicated media keys is the Corsair K70, but that only has a blue backlight. My other choice would be the Shine 3, but it has no dedicated media keys ):

Dedicated media keys is the hard one there. Off the top of my head Corsair has those on theirs  http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Black-Cherry-CH-9000067-NA/dp/B00IYJD5CY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400588337&sr=8-1&keywords=k70+brown

It HAS a red backlight version

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a red/white colour scheme. My rig has a red and black theme so I don't really want a keyboard that looks odd next to it

Corsair K70 comes in a version with a black anodised aluminium backplate with Cherry MX Browns with individually lit red backlight.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Goshujin is correct. I've had a look at the K70 and it does seem to be the best option. I never realised that I was being so picky with dedicated media keys. Lots of membranes have them but they never seemed to come across to us on mechanical

Goshujin is correct. I've had a look at the K70 and it does seem to be the best option. I never realised that I was being so picky with dedicated media keys. Lots of membranes have them but they never seemed to come across to us on mechanical

It's stupid frankly. Mechanicals tend to be a little slimmer on flash and features but media keys is fairly basic IMO. I used to have them on my old membrane plank at home YEARS ago.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Corair k70 or higher models?

I don't have much need for loads of macros so I don't think the K90 is that necessary tbh

I don't have much need for loads of macros so I don't think the K90 is that necessary tbh

K70 with browns is the way to go in that case.

Ok then, cheers guys 

How has no one mentioned the G710+ yet?

I'm guessing color scheme :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I use Cherry MX Browns, want dedicated media keys (not just volume controls but play/pause, back and forward as well) and Red/White/No backlight.

There. You were pretty much describing the Logitech G710+. Go get it, it's a good keyboard. I have one and I love it more than my Ducky Shine 3 (also brown switch) despite the Shine 3 being more expensive.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane