How do i play roblox on linux

How do i play roblox on linux? I've got it working using vinegar, and it surprisingly stopped crashing after literally 2 minutes now, but the textures are still pretty buggy, and playing something like doors is just impossible

CAUTION: I AM NOT NOR EVER WILL PLAY GAMES ON MY COMPUTER, AS I DON'T NEED A $1000 TOY.

That being said, try Grapejuice, it's available on GitHub.

Just now, jaslion said:

you could pass it through proton should work nicely

oh, i read in a forum that i can't do that for some reason, but how do i do that then?

3 minutes ago, MiszS said:

oh, i read in a forum that i can't do that for some reason, but how do i do that then?

Nevermind I just read the anticheat flags proton as a cheat engine. So thats outta the question.

However surprisingly regular old wine is fine and runs OK

Just now, jaslion said:

Nevermind I just read the anticheat flags proton as a cheat engine. So thats outta the question.

However surprisingly regular old wine is fine and runs OK

i mean it works, but as i said, the textures are broken, a big part of them are just transparrent, then they aren't, then they are again

3 minutes ago, MiszS said:

i mean it works, but as i said, the textures are broken, a big part of them are just transparrent, then they aren't, then they are again

Yes but that's vinegar the grape fork. People have most success on regular wine it seems or when they use debian distributions for vinegar\

Actuall what distro do you have?

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes but that's vinegar the grape fork. People have most success on regular wine it seems or when they use debian distributions for vinegar\

Actuall what distro do you have?

linux mint 21.2, and the textures just fixed themselves after i joined again, even tho it hadn't happened before

1 minute ago, MiszS said:

linux mint 21.2, and the textures just fixed themselves after i joined again, even tho it hadn't happened before

Might have been shaders caching and once finished they could correctly load em. Either way with emulation there is often some weirdness till everything is fully initialized.

There is a specific application made for running roblox on linux. Pretty sure it's called grapejuice. I got it working on Manjaro so if need be I can pull out the craptop to check

12 minutes ago, CheezitSmasher93 said:

There is a specific application made for running roblox on linux. Pretty sure it's called grapejuice. I got it working on Manjaro so if need be I can pull out the craptop to check

right now it seems to be working with vinegar, but ill say if something breaks

• 2 weeks later...

I personally used wine and it worked like a dream! Roblox runs well on wine if you set it up normally!

8 hours ago, frozenpotato said:

I personally used wine and it worked like a dream! Roblox runs well on wine if you set it up normally!

i mean yeah, i've been using vinegar, and it's been working fine, besides some menus like friend's list not working, but i can do that in the browser

On 12/23/2023 at 11:25 AM, MiszS said:

linux mint 21.2

The wallpapers are great.  Here's a link to an archive of all Linux Mint wallpapers.

https://github.com/rt2yrru/linux_mint_wallpaper

You can the following commands

cd ~/home/Download

mkdir git

gitclone https://github.com/rt2yrru/linux_mint_wallpaper

Then it downloads all the images at once.

: JRE #1914 Siddarth Kara

How bad is e-waste?  Listen to that Joe Rogan episode.

"Now you get what you want, but do you want more?
- Bob Marley, Rastaman Vibration album 1976

Windows 11 will just force business to "recycle" "obscolete" hardware.  Microsoft definitely isn't bothered by this at all, and seems to want hardware produced just a few years ago to be considered obsolete.  They have also not shown any interest nor has any other company in a similar financial position, to help increase tech recycling whatsoever.  Windows 12 might be cloud-based and be a monthly or yearly fee.

Software suggestions

Just get f.lux [Link removed due to forum rules] so your screen isn't bright white at night, a golden orange in place of stark 6500K bluish white.

released in 2008 and still being improved.

Dark Reader addon for webpages.  Pick any color you want for both background and text (background and foreground page elements).  Enable the preview mode on desktop for Firefox and Chrome addon, by clicking the dark reader addon settings, Choose dev tools amd click preview mode.

NoScript or EFF's privacy badger addons can block many scripts and websites that would load and track you, possibly halving page load time!

F-droid is a place to install open-source software for android, Antennapod, RethinkDNS, Fennec which is Firefox with about:config, lots of performance and other changes available, mozilla KB has a huge database of what most of the settings do.  Most software in the repository only requires Android 5 and 6!

I recommend firewall apps (blocks apps) and dns filters (redirect all dns requests on android, to your choice of dns, even if overridden).  RethinkDNS is my pick and I set it to use pi-hole, installed inside Ubuntu/Debian, which is inside Virtualbox, until I go to a website, nothing at all connects to any other server.  I also use NextDNS.io to do the same when away from home wi-fi or even cellular!  I can even tether from cellular to any device sharing via wi-fi, and block anything with dns set to NextDNS, regardless if the device allows changing dns.  This style of network filtration is being overridden by software updates on some devices, forcing a backup dns provuder, such as google dns, when built in dns requests are not connecting.  Without a complete firewall setup, dns redirection itself is no longer always effective.

51 minutes ago, E-waste said:

The wallpapers are great.  Here's a link to an archive of all Linux Mint wallpapers.

https://github.com/rt2yrru/linux_mint_wallpaper

You can the following commands

cd ~/home/Download

mkdir git

gitclone https://github.com/rt2yrru/linux_mint_wallpaper

Then it downloads all the images at once.

i mean cool, but what does it have to do with the post lol

10 minutes ago, MiszS said:

cool

Because you are using Linux Mint, it seems relevant to appreciate the other wallpapers bundled with it in prior releases.  You'll understand why I included it when you have a look at the images.

I've never heard of vinegar, or grapujuice, I just use proton built into steam, but I'm sure it does not work with all games yet.  I like the consistency of using one program to access my games, so I add non-steam games into it as well, I guess that won't work if it tries to load the game with proton, so maybe try adding the .exe for the game, but turn off the compatibility mode.  Maybe then it would allow the program to launch with it's intended program.

: JRE #1914 Siddarth Kara

How bad is e-waste?  Listen to that Joe Rogan episode.

"Now you get what you want, but do you want more?
- Bob Marley, Rastaman Vibration album 1976

Windows 11 will just force business to "recycle" "obscolete" hardware.  Microsoft definitely isn't bothered by this at all, and seems to want hardware produced just a few years ago to be considered obsolete.  They have also not shown any interest nor has any other company in a similar financial position, to help increase tech recycling whatsoever.  Windows 12 might be cloud-based and be a monthly or yearly fee.

Software suggestions

Just get f.lux [Link removed due to forum rules] so your screen isn't bright white at night, a golden orange in place of stark 6500K bluish white.

released in 2008 and still being improved.

Dark Reader addon for webpages.  Pick any color you want for both background and text (background and foreground page elements).  Enable the preview mode on desktop for Firefox and Chrome addon, by clicking the dark reader addon settings, Choose dev tools amd click preview mode.

NoScript or EFF's privacy badger addons can block many scripts and websites that would load and track you, possibly halving page load time!

F-droid is a place to install open-source software for android, Antennapod, RethinkDNS, Fennec which is Firefox with about:config, lots of performance and other changes available, mozilla KB has a huge database of what most of the settings do.  Most software in the repository only requires Android 5 and 6!

I recommend firewall apps (blocks apps) and dns filters (redirect all dns requests on android, to your choice of dns, even if overridden).  RethinkDNS is my pick and I set it to use pi-hole, installed inside Ubuntu/Debian, which is inside Virtualbox, until I go to a website, nothing at all connects to any other server.  I also use NextDNS.io to do the same when away from home wi-fi or even cellular!  I can even tether from cellular to any device sharing via wi-fi, and block anything with dns set to NextDNS, regardless if the device allows changing dns.  This style of network filtration is being overridden by software updates on some devices, forcing a backup dns provuder, such as google dns, when built in dns requests are not connecting.  Without a complete firewall setup, dns redirection itself is no longer always effective.