WiFi issues on Custom NZXT PC

BearBearBear
Go to solution Solved by Robchil,
19 minutes ago, BearBearBear said:

How would I go about changing that?

in devicemanager you open your wifi device and it says connecting using: some device.. press configer there and under advanced you should find some settings saying something about 802.11be .. that's wifi 7.. 802.11ax is wifi 6 and 802.11ac is wifi 5.. depending on how old your router is and what it supports you can set it to not use 802.11be not to be used when trying to connect.. or make it use ax or ac.. 

Specs

• Windows 11 Home Edition
  • Gigabyte RTX 4080
  • i9-14900K
  • 2TB m.2
  • MSI PRO Z790-A MAX WIFI DDR5
  • DDR5 6000MHz CL38 - 32 GB x 2
  • NZXT C1200 PCIE5 1200W Gold

Wifi works on all other PCs and devices in the house perfectly fine, but for whatever reason this new pc just cannot hold a stable connection. The mobo is wifi-7, installed the external antenna, and at most I can get around 5mb/s for a split second before immediately drooping down to single-digit kilobytes and then disconnected entirely. It's not an issue of distance from the router, it's 1 floor above it and this pc is in the exact same spot as the last one. My partner's been on her pc all day with no connectivity issues, so it's not the wifi going out. I've tried completely powering my pc down and unplugging it for 10 minutes, and tried searching for the network adapter drivers online to reinstall, but can't seem to find them.

(Qualcomm FastConnect 7800 Wi-Fi 7 HBS Network Adapter)

Also made sure the WLAN AutoConfig Service was running, seemingly no issues with it.

Not sure what my current router model is, it's the latest Spectrum model that supports 1GB/s

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

36 minutes ago, Robchil said:

remember to install chipset drivers first... 

Does the router support wifi 7? .. tried to set driver speed to wifi 6 or 5?  

19 minutes ago, BearBearBear said:

in devicemanager you open your wifi device and it says connecting using: some device.. press configer there and under advanced you should find some settings saying something about 802.11be .. that's wifi 7.. 802.11ax is wifi 6 and 802.11ac is wifi 5.. depending on how old your router is and what it supports you can set it to not use 802.11be not to be used when trying to connect.. or make it use ax or ac.. 

8 hours ago, BearBearBear said:

Specs

• Windows 11 Home Edition
  • Gigabyte RTX 4080
  • i9-14900K
  • 2TB m.2
  • MSI PRO Z790-A MAX WIFI DDR5
  • DDR5 6000MHz CL38 - 32 GB x 2
  • NZXT C1200 PCIE5 1200W Gold

Wifi works on all other PCs and devices in the house perfectly fine, but for whatever reason this new pc just cannot hold a stable connection. The mobo is wifi-7, installed the external antenna, and at most I can get around 5mb/s for a split second before immediately drooping down to single-digit kilobytes and then disconnected entirely. It's not an issue of distance from the router, it's 1 floor above it and this pc is in the exact same spot as the last one. My partner's been on her pc all day with no connectivity issues, so it's not the wifi going out. I've tried completely powering my pc down and unplugging it for 10 minutes, and tried searching for the network adapter drivers online to reinstall, but can't seem to find them.

(Qualcomm FastConnect 7800 Wi-Fi 7 HBS Network Adapter)

Also made sure the WLAN AutoConfig Service was running, seemingly no issues with it.

Not sure what my current router model is, it's the latest Spectrum model that supports 1GB/s

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

@Robchil has an excellent suggestion (and it's more likely to be the solution IMO),  but do you have the latest UEFI from MSI?
You can get your UEFI version by running the following in PowerShell:

Get-CimInstance Win32_BIOS | Format-List -Property SMBIOSBIOSVersion,Manufacturer,Name,Version

The newest UEFI for your motherboard was released November 10th and has significant changes/updates. If the Wi-Fi adapter OROM was updated, that may resolve the issue.

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!

23 hours ago, Robchil said:

Yep, that fixed it! Turns out the router doesn't support wifi 7 like their customer support said it did, it's still wifi 6e. Download speeds do seem to still be slower than my previous rig for some reason, when this new one is several generations newer hardware-wise