Corsair 4000d airflow or be quiet pure base 500dx

O_Bsnacks

Which one would be best for thermals as well as noise. Because right now I have a Corsair carbide 275r and I had it for years and it’s just loud even when fans are on low.

I'd go with the beQuiet solely due to 4000D overload and it bores me to death. Both are mesh and will cool just fine. Noise is a matter of your fan curve setup. 

Personally in that price range I like the featureset of the LANCOOL 216.

I built in a 4000D fairly recently and the main things I don't like are the flimsy-feeling front grill, the filter on the top doesn't have a very snug fit, and the power button doesn't have a ton of tactility. Other than that, it was easy to build in, had plenty of room for most things. One thing to note is that the way the cable management holes are lined up makes it basically impossible to use a right-angle SATA cable with rear-facing SATA ports, like was included with my MSI board. The way 2.5" drives are mounted, it also won't fit on the SSD side. I had to dig a cable out of the cable box that came with my old X38 board. 

I'm using a be quiet Dark Rock 4 on a Ryzen 7700X and thermals have not been a concern at all with the CPU happily boosting with no thermal throttling that I've witnessed. It's kind of an OP cooler, but that's how I like it. Also worth noting that the GPU doesn't get a ton of direct airflow, so I'm leaning more towards a high-pressure setup. I also got the version with the tinted glass side panel because I care not for RGB and the only thing you can see through it is the red Radeon logo, which looks pretty cool IMO.

As far as noise, I guess that depends on your fans because there's not much of anything blocking sound.

IMG_8559.HEIC

IMG_8560.HEIC IMG_8361.HEIC IMG_8366.heic