Can I know what is that in the pic

Kamranbites

clock crystal

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600 Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

That's a crystal oscillator. It creates pulses at a specific frequency, which you can find out from the number printed on it. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

It's an oscillator, it makes ticks with a very fixed time interval between ticks.

Based on location, it's probably used by that chip above it that handles USB data - data is sent and received through USB as a series of bits but every bit must be on the wires for a minimum amount of time and the ticks from that oscillator are used to count how much time passes and make sure every bit state is sent for the same fixed amount of time (for example let's say 5 ticks worth of time)

@mariushm is correct, that is the clock source for the FTDI chip handling the USB. However, this is not for synchronizing the data rate, that's done internally. External clocks are used for the same reason as in your CPU: it updates the IC to do the next step of work. This is how CMOS technology works, if it doesn't receive a nudge from outside, it stays in the same state forever, not doing anything.

Full pic that amplifier board were that oscillatoris broken now it doesn't work no light nothing, as said above it is for usb related things why is it not powering up and can I do something to bypass it

thanks 

IMG_20231214_083957_edit_140172582327048.jpg

If you can find someone who is pretty good at soldering, thats easily repairable. There are different ways to do it, since the pads it was soldered on aren`t there anymore and so it can`t just simply be soldered back on, but these pads can either be replaced or the part just simply glued on and connected via wirees. At least as long as you still have the now missing part. If you don`t have it, those are not hard to get or expensive.

10 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

If you can find someone who is pretty good at soldering, thats easily repairable. There are different ways to do it, since the pads it was soldered on aren`t there anymore and so it can`t just simply be soldered back on, but these pads can either be replaced or the part just simply glued on and connected via wirees. At least as long as you still have the now missing part. If you don`t have it, those are not hard to get or expensive.

I think I lost that part i can find the replacement 

Attached a pic below is it suitable ?

Thanks 

Screenshot_20231222_103905_com.android.chrome.jpg

Any of those will work, but the problem is that on your board you tore off the copper pads with the oscillator so you would have to figure out to what traces (wires) those copper pads were connected to, and solder wires to those traces.

You can figure that out by looking at the pinout of the usb chip which you should be able to download a datasheet for, then simply follow the traces coming out from those pins on the chip.

2 hours ago, Kamranbites said:

And can I know which amplifier sound is better tpa3110 or xy-p15w

Thanks 

tpa3110 is an audio amplifier chip , xy-p15w seems to be a circuit board with an audio amplifier chip and a bluetooth chip - the audio amplifier chip could be tpa3110 or something else, don't know.

nobody can tell which is better without knowing what amplifier chip is used, and also the components used on the boards besides the chip AND the power supply matters. The amount of volume the chip can produce varies with the power it receives - the chip may work with 8v - 24v for example but may be capable of only 2-3w if you power it with a 9v power adapter so if you raise the volume up at high levels the sound could distort and clip and sound bad, but if you power it with a 18v laptop adapter the chip maybe could do 20 watts so you don't have to turn the volume knob at max to get some sound from it, therefore the chip may not distort as much. 

3 hours ago, mariushm said:

Any of those will work, but the problem is that on your board you tore off the copper pads with the oscillator so you would have to figure out to what traces (wires) those copper pads were connected to, and solder wires to those traces.

You can figure that out by looking at the pinout of the usb chip which you should be able to download a datasheet for, then simply follow the traces coming out from those pins on the chip.

tpa3110 is an audio amplifier chip , xy-p15w seems to be a circuit board with an audio amplifier chip and a bluetooth chip - the audio amplifier chip could be tpa3110 or something else, don't know.

nobody can tell which is better without knowing what amplifier chip is used, and also the components used on the boards besides the chip AND the power supply matters. The amount of volume the chip can produce varies with the power it receives - the chip may work with 8v - 24v for example but may be capable of only 2-3w if you power it with a 9v power adapter so if you raise the volume up at high levels the sound could distort and clip and sound bad, but if you power it with a 18v laptop adapter the chip maybe could do 20 watts so you don't have to turn the volume knob at max to get some sound from it, therefore the chip may not distort as much. 

What I am thinking is get one xy-15 Bluetooth board then connect to my 3.7v battery using to step up convertor  12v.

For charging I can use lithium charging module to directly connect to battery

(Old amplifier is of a sound bar 10+10w 

2.5inch speakers 4ohms 

Below attached pics of soundbar )

So conclusion I have two options left

1) xy-15 amplifier it has Bluetooth just use step up and ready to go 

But I don't know how it sounds better then tpa or not 

2) use tpa3110  also need to connect Bluetooth reciver and stepup

Which option you suggest guys 

Screenshot_20231222_102602.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_102630_com.android.chrome.jpg

Boosting 3.7v..4.2v to 12v is gonna be hard on the battery.

Just use a 12-20v DC adapter (depending on speakers) and forget about batteries.

TPA3110 datasheet is here:  https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa3110d2.pdf

Here's some graphs from the datasheet :

How voltage influences total output power - when in BTL mode (one amplifier chip using both outputs for a single speaker, so you'd need one TPA3110 chip for each speaker in a stereo system)

8 ohm speakers on the left, 4 ohm on the right, you want to follow the blue (1% THD) line ...

So at 12v you'll barely get around 8 watts on a 8 ohm speaker,  but with 18-20v you could get nearly 20 watts

With 4 ohm speakers, you're looking at around 12 watts on speaker, and you can get to 20 watts with around 15v input voltage... shouldn't go over 16v with 4 ohm speakers.

image.png.c3b8b4927e14eb31eb8073660029d72e.pngimage.png.dca1ad0f1955478c667119ff5adf09ea.png

I'd go with a 12v 2A power adapter.

9 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Boosting 3.7v..4.2v to 12v is gonna be hard on the battery.

Just use a 12-20v DC adapter (depending on speakers) and forget about batteries.

TPA3110 datasheet is here:  https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa3110d2.pdf

Here's some graphs from the datasheet :

How voltage influences total output power - when in BTL mode (one amplifier chip using both outputs for a single speaker, so you'd need one TPA3110 chip for each speaker in a stereo system)

8 ohm speakers on the left, 4 ohm on the right, you want to follow the blue (1% THD) line ...

So at 12v you'll barely get around 8 watts on a 8 ohm speaker,  but with 18-20v you could get nearly 20 watts

With 4 ohm speakers, you're looking at around 12 watts on speaker, and you can get to 20 watts with around 15v input voltage... shouldn't go over 16v with 4 ohm speakers.

image.png.c3b8b4927e14eb31eb8073660029d72e.pngimage.png.dca1ad0f1955478c667119ff5adf09ea.png

I'd go with a 12v 2A power adapter.

What about xy-15 amplifier

You keep asking stupid questions.  Already told you that's not an amplifier, that's the name of the board which contains some amplifier chip and a bluetooth chip ... no idea what audio amplifier chip is on that board. If you find some pictures where the text on the chips is clearly visible or the description says what audio chip is used, then I can tell you.

Let's say you want your amplifier to consume 5 watts in both speakers, that means the amplifier chip will consume 10 watts + 1-2 watts due to inefficiency so 12 watts.  With 12v input, that's 1A of current : 12v x 1A = 12 watts

a 18650 battery outputs 3.3v... 4.2v  and has let's say 2500 mAh ... that would mean it can output 2500 mA (2.5A) for one hour and then it's discharged.

To boost to 12v, you'd convert this lower voltage to higher voltage with around 90% efficiency, so to produce 12 watts (12v x 1A) the boost circuit would need to produce around 13 watts - with 4.2v input, that means the current from battery would be 13w / 4.2v = 3A  so your battery would last less than 1 hour of operation.  With nearly discharged battery, let's say 3.6v, it would be 13w / 3.6 = 3.6A so maybe 30-45 minutes of operation before battery is discharged.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

You keep asking stupid questions.  Already told you that's not an amplifier, that's the name of the board which contains some amplifier chip and a bluetooth chip ... no idea what audio amplifier chip is on that board. If you find some pictures where the text on the chips is clearly visible or the description says what audio chip is used, then I can tell you.

Let's say you want your amplifier to consume 5 watts in both speakers, that means the amplifier chip will consume 10 watts + 1-2 watts due to inefficiency so 12 watts.  With 12v input, that's 1A of current : 12v x 1A = 12 watts

a 18650 battery outputs 3.3v... 4.2v  and has let's say 2500 mAh ... that would mean it can output 2500 mA (2.5A) for one hour and then it's discharged.

To boost to 12v, you'd convert this lower voltage to higher voltage with around 90% efficiency, so to produce 12 watts (12v x 1A) the boost circuit would need to produce around 13 watts - with 4.2v input, that means the current from battery would be 13w / 4.2v = 3A  so your battery would last less than 1 hour of operation.  With nearly discharged battery, let's say 3.6v, it would be 13w / 3.6 = 3.6A so maybe 30-45 minutes of operation before battery is discharged.

For your kind information xy-15w is amplifier chip number kindly see attached pic for your reference 

Screenshot_20231222_213245_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

No it's not, they used a laser engraver (or some polishing tool) to erase the surface of the chip and then printed that shit on top of the chip

That printing will probably rub off with acetone or some other solvent.

It's a 28 pin IC , package is SSOP / TSSOP , variations of that.. lots of audio chip made by asian companies like that ... digikey has at least 35 from genuine manufacturers, in china there's probably 100+ clones

23 minutes ago, mariushm said:

No it's not, they used a laser engraver (or some polishing tool) to erase the surface of the chip and then printed that shit on top of the chip

That printing will probably rub off with acetone or some other solvent.

It's a 28 pin IC , package is SSOP / TSSOP , variations of that.. lots of audio chip made by asian companies like that ... digikey has at least 35 from genuine manufacturers, in china there's probably 100+ clones

Oh thanks for clarifying,

So I looked up for pics with the part number for  that amplifier chip  and found one 

Is it something useful or just some random numbers 

Screenshot_20231222_213217_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping_edit_171467614799356.jpg

Specs as per manufacturer 

Xy-15w

Working voltage: DC: 8~24V

Bluetooth version: 5.0

Transmission distance: 15 meters (visual unobstructed)

Number of channels: two channels (stereo)

Output power (@1KHz):

16W*2 @12V 4Ω

10W*2 @12V 8Ω

15W*2 @16V 8Ω

20W*2 @20V 8Ω

30W*2 @24V 8Ω (requires heat sink)

Adapter speaker (30W~150W):

4 ohms (8~12V power supply)

8 ohms (8~24V power supply)

16 ohms (8~24V power supply)

Module protection mechanism: reverse power protection

Short circuit protection: self-recovery overheat protection

Probably same TPA3110LD2  https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa3110d2.pdf

The specs are optimist, inflated... I mean they just copy them from datasheet without understanding them .. for example " 15W*2 @16V 8Ω " is actually "15-W/ch into an 8-Ω Loads at 10% THD+N From a 16-V Supply" but you don't want to run an audio amplifier at 10% THD, that's too distorted sound. It's acceptable if you make an amplifier for voice announcements on a speaker in a hall way, because you don't care about how accurate your voice will be played on speaker, but not acceptable if you care about sound quality.

WIth  those 10w 4 ohm speakers use a DC adapter between 9v and 12v ... you'll get around 4-5 watts per channel and that's enough for a room.