Need help figuring the right fan orientation

Nmmdroid

So here's the diffrent fan options for the case in my friends build I'm thinking the orientation I stated in the pic I just need help figuring out the back ones but I know I could be wrong so what do yall recommend for fan orientation?? 

Screenshot_20231216_010742_Picture Paste.jpg

System specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

We need to know if we are talking about case fans or fans blowing air into a or more radiators 

Please provide more info about your PC. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 12/18/2023 at 10:21 AM, RevGAM said:

Please provide more info about your PC. 

Sorry I forgot it's the deep cool Morpheus case and the system inside is all air cooled no radiators.

On 12/17/2023 at 4:04 PM, NorKris said:

We need to know if we are talking about case fans or fans blowing air into a or more radiators 

Sorry I forgot it's the deep cool Morpheus case and the system inside is all air cooled no radiators.

On 12/17/2023 at 1:27 PM, WoodenMarker said:

System specs?

It's got a Z790, I7 14700k, 4080, and the ak620 from deepcool. The case is the Deepcool Morpheus 

Well, the "back" is the side" and the left is the back...

If that's the way you want to configure the fans, I would suggest making the upper fan on the side ("back") exhaust and the lower one intake but then I'd want to see a barrier between them, too, which could be cardboard, paperboard, plastic, whatever so the top doesn't suck out the cool air from the bottom one.

Or make both of the side fans intake since the bottom fans will be blocked by your friend's GC, and then use the rear fan as exhaust.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

11 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Well, the "back" is the side" and the left is the back...

If that's the way you want to configure the fans, I would suggest making the upper fan on the side ("back") exhaust and the lower one intake but then I'd want to see a barrier between them, too, which could be cardboard, paperboard, plastic, whatever so the top doesn't suck out the cool air from the bottom one.

Or make both of the side fans intake since the bottom fans will be blocked by your friend's GC, and then use the rear fan as exhaust.

I was thinking that as well. It has a mesh front so it takes 3 in the front, 3 on the side, 3 on the bottom, 3 on the top, and 1 on the back I was thinking doing 6 intakes and 7 exhaust. The bottom and front intake, and the rest exhaust

13 hours ago, Nmmdroid said:

I was thinking that as well. It has a mesh front so it takes 3 in the front, 3 on the side, 3 on the bottom, 3 on the top, and 1 on the back I was thinking doing 6 intakes and 7 exhaust. The bottom and front intake, and the rest exhaust

You'll want more intake than exhaust, especially since the intake fans are fighting any filters and there should not be any on the exhaust. If you stick with your plan, you'll have negative pressure, which will pull in both filtered and unfiltered air from every hole. 

6 hours ago, RevGAM said:

You'll want more intake than exhaust, especially since the intake fans are fighting any filters and there should not be any on the exhaust. If you stick with your plan, you'll have negative pressure, which will pull in both filtered and unfiltered air from every hole. 

So go 7 intakes and 6 exhaust?? How about top 3 and front 3 exhaust and the rest intake?

2 hours ago, Nmmdroid said:

So go 7 intakes and 6 exhaust?? How about top 3 and front 3 exhaust and the rest intake?

Depending on your system, you can have the air going either way. The convection current caused by temperature is far weaker than most fans, even when the PC is blazing hot, so the important thing to consider is: "where is the coolest air outside of the case?". The answer, of course, will be near the floor for most people, unless you create a forced air system to feed your PC. Since you probably don't have that and don't want to make it, you should stick to what Kris suggested above.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Depending on your system, you can have the air going either way. The convection current caused by temperature is far weaker than most fans, even when the PC is blazing hot, so the important thing to consider is: "where is the coolest air outside of the case?". The answer, of course, will be near the floor for most people, unless you create a forced air system to feed your PC. Since you probably don't have that and don't want to make it, you should stick to what Kris suggested above.

This system will be in my Semi Truck there isn't much way to do that

16 hours ago, Nmmdroid said:

You can't do what Kris suggested? Why not?

On 12/28/2023 at 9:48 AM, RevGAM said:

You can't do what Kris suggested? Why not?

I was taking about what you suggested with the forced convection system. I barely have room for my PC let alone building something else

2 hours ago, Nmmdroid said:

I was taking about what you suggested with the forced convection system. I barely have room for my PC let alone building something else

Ah, I didn't realize this will be in a truck. I would suppose that modding your truck to add forced air for the computer wouldn't be something you want to do for various reasons. Most people don't want to do it in their homes, either. 😉 Can you do what @NorKrissuggested?

3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Ah, I didn't realize this will be in a truck. I would suppose that modding your truck to add forced air for the computer wouldn't be something you want to do for various reasons. Most people don't want to do it in their homes, either. 😉 Can you do what @NorKrissuggested?

i suggest that @Nmmdroid give us more deitails about how / where the case is going to sit, what air intake is going to be blocked,

seems like we lack details to help out here 

6 hours ago, NorKris said:

i suggest that @Nmmdroid give us more deitails about how / where the case is going to sit, what air intake is going to be blocked,

seems like we lack details to help out here 

My bad I forget to include details sometimes. So the case is gonna be sitting mainly on my fridge when in use. This is gonna be my PC I'm my semi truck. I mean there isn't anyplace where it'd be blocked off while in use however when driving I'm gonna put it in my cabinets directly above there now when it is up there the whole back side will be blocked off because the cabinet isn't tall enough to support it. 

7 minutes ago, Nmmdroid said:

My bad I forget to include details sometimes. So the case is gonna be sitting mainly on my fridge when in use. This is gonna be my PC I'm my semi truck. I mean there isn't anyplace where it'd be blocked off while in use however when driving I'm gonna put it in my cabinets directly above there now when it is up there the whole back side will be blocked off because the cabinet isn't tall enough to support it. 

I still feel that Kris's suggestion will work, as long as no other fans are blocked.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:26 AM, Nmmdroid said:

1 hour ago, Nmmdroid said:

I mean there isn't anyplace where it'd be blocked off while in use however when driving I'm gonna put it in my cabinets directly above there now when it is up there the whole back side will be blocked off because the cabinet isn't tall enough to support it. 

Statement A  +  B   here  does not make so much sense together 🧐

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

Statement A  +  B   here  does not make so much sense together 🧐

He's got a mini-fridge in the cab of the truck, I think.

Or maybe he's got a full-sized sleeping chamber?

On 12/31/2023 at 3:59 PM, RevGAM said:

He's got a mini-fridge in the cab of the truck, I think.

Or maybe he's got a full-sized sleeping chamber?

I'm in a semi truck with a sleeper cab. I have a mini fridge and a twin bunk bed with cabinets. Driving I can't keep my pc on my mini fridge when driving because it'll fall and shatter the glass if the case if not worse. When in motion the pc will be in a cabinet. Here's a stock photo of my truck. It's in the shop otherwise I'd share my exact one. 

cascadia-interior.jpg

I'm in an enclosed semi truck no way to make forced air to the PC inside the truck. When I'm not in motion the pc has all the air with no obstruction but when in motion I gotta put it in a cabinet where 1 side will be obstructed. Above is a pic of basically what my truck looks like

1 hour ago, Nmmdroid said:

but when in motion 

pc is off right? 🤨