PC not booting correctly after changing ram speed to over 4800mhz

Tnt0gamer
Go to solution Solved by SlayerOfHellWyrm,
4 hours ago, Tnt0gamer said:

Yes it seems it is not on the qvl... i shoud have looked into it more carefully. the performance wont suffer to much but still unfortunate

Just a note, QVL isn't a list of "Get this, or nah dawg", it's a list of "We have tested this specific product and can confirm it will work at what it's rated for, anything not listed is a YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) and it's not guaranteed to do anything outside JDEC spec". You can still try playing around, and you might get lucky. 

Its the first time i put a pc together

My setup is:

-Ryzen 5 7600

-Msi mag tomahawk b650 motherboard

-2x16gb ddr5 6000mhz cl30 corsair vengeance ram with xmp

-Corsair rm850x psu

Currently i am still only using the integrated graphics of the processor

Problem: The standart speed for ddr5 ram is set to 4800. My ram can go up to 6000mhz but when i change the ram speed to anything over 4800mhz (this encludes enabling xmp) the pc will start the fans and the rgb will turn on but i dont get any signal to my monitor and i cant get into bios or windows. The yellow ram debug light also turns on for a bit. Resetting the cmos changes the speed back to 4800 and it turns on just fine but when i try to change it again i run into the same problem. 

I have already tried reseating the ram. Cpu cooling also isnt the problem as it is at a stable 36°C.
The bios is a relativley up to date version and i would prefer to not update since it sounds like its easy to get wrong and i dont want to risk my board not working afterwards. 
I would appreciate it if anyone took their time to help me out here.

Do you have an option that says "XMP 1" and it has 6000MHz + the exact timings and voltage on your RAM's specification (30-36-36-76 1.4V or something like that)? If not what does the "XMP 1" option say (or do you even have such an option)?

Yes it says Profile1: DDR5 6000MHz 30- 36- 36- 76 1.400V just as it says in the specs
But when i save those settings it doesnt work

Yeah, it is annoying when that happens, but it sounds as if your CPU/Mobo combination isn't playing nicely with those RAM settings. You could always try a manual overclock of the RAM, as maybe it is some secondary, or even tertiary, timing that is causing your issues. 

Honestly, the lower speeds are annoying, but they won't make a huge difference in terms of performance.

Your motherboard has 4 RAM slots. Is your RAM slotted so that there's 1 empty slot in between them?

yea i slottet them jast as it says in the motherboard manual. maybe i can find some yt videos on overclocking ram

It's possible your particular kit isn't on the QVL. What's the exact model of your RAM? For Corsair, their model numbers are things like CMH32GX5M2X6000C30. As a note, I only see their Vengeance RGB at DDR5 6000 CL30 being on the QVL. Regular DDR5 CL30 Vengeance is not in the QVL. This means you're not guaranteed to have XMP/DOCP/XPO working. 

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Yes it seems it is not on the qvl... i shoud have looked into it more carefully. the performance wont suffer to much but still unfortunate

4 hours ago, Tnt0gamer said:

Just a note, QVL isn't a list of "Get this, or nah dawg", it's a list of "We have tested this specific product and can confirm it will work at what it's rated for, anything not listed is a YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) and it's not guaranteed to do anything outside JDEC spec". You can still try playing around, and you might get lucky. 

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section