Intel ddr5 boot issues

Sorry this is gonna be a long one but my experience with Am5 was awful. I’m curious if intel is having similar issues with ddr5. 

I went from Ryzen 5600x to 7600x and had nothing but issues with black screens, no post, no boot, vga light, couldn’t restart had to power off and back on, if it did boot it would take over 45 seconds. 

I went thru 2 b650 tomahawk WiFi boards, and 3 sets of ram that were on the qvl. I couldn’t run xmp or expo, it would run fine with manual settings then it would randomly not start again within a week. Running at 4800mhz worked every time, ran mem test and never got errors at 4800mhz with any of the ram sets but it would crash at 6000mhz. I tried every single available bios for that board. I got fed up and sold the setup after spending countless hours trying to get it to work right 100% of the time. 

Anyone here on 12/13/14th gen having issues with booting related to ddr5? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Did you do a clean install of Windows?

What's the brand and exact model of the RAM?

3 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Anyone here on 12/13/14th gen having issues with booting related to ddr5? 

Currently on 13th gen, no major boot issues to report. When you have the memory speed high enough, you will run into something called "retrain instability" where the setup will go from running stress tests for 24 hours straight to failing within 5 minutes after a reboot, though if you stick to pedestrian memory speeds like 6400 and below that shouldn't be a problem. 

That said, I've also built a couple AM5 builds for friends, only one of them had issues booting, and I'm pretty sure the issues booting were more down to the 7900 XTX it was using not liking to POST with HDMI than it was an actual board issue (switching the output to DP fixed the issue). It sound more like you got a bad CPU than anything, though if you already sold the setup it's not possible to say for sure. 

9 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Did you do a clean install of Windows?

What's the brand and exact model of the RAM?

Multiple clean installs of windows 11. I don’t know exact models #’s for the ram but I tried 

g skill s5, not on qvl

g skill x5 on qvl

corsair vengeance on qvl 

Corsair rgb pro on qvl 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Currently on 13th gen, no major boot issues to report. When you have the memory speed high enough, you will run into something called "retrain instability" where the setup will go from running stress tests for 24 hours straight to failing within 5 minutes after a reboot, though if you stick to pedestrian memory speeds like 6400 and below that shouldn't be a problem. 

That said, I've also built a couple AM5 builds for friends, only one of them had issues booting, and I'm pretty sure the issues booting were more down to the 7900 XTX it was using not liking to POST with HDMI than it was an actual board issue (switching the output to DP fixed the issue). It sound more like you got a bad CPU than anything, though if you already sold the setup it's not possible to say for sure. 

I messed with this thing for a long time. You actually helped me with the manual ram timings and settings. Those worked and out of no where it would fail to boot again. 
it would do it even with the dp or hdmi plugged into the mb without a gpu in it. I also tried it with a 7800xt and a Rtx 4070. 

After searching that b650 tomahawk WiFi I found tons of people having issues with it all over the internet. That’s when I decided to sell it, just tired of being up for hours trying to get the damn thing to work. 

It sucks because when it worked the performance was great but it was always a matter of time before it would stop working again.  

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x