CPU hitting 100% on booting up from shut down. Task Manager

FireLegend
Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,
7 minutes ago, FireLegend said:

SSD and at the moment I have 16GB but I'm getting 32GB soon!

In that case, it's likely that you just have a good number of startup applications that are all trying to start at the same time, and that is using a lot of your CPU resources.

Hello,

Unfortunately when I power my pc back on, log into windows and open opera GX my cpu hits 100% but my cpu doesn't increase in temperature luckily. I don't understand because after 2 minutes after opening opera GX or just leaving the system idle after that the cpu goes back down to around 5% -10% (which is normal). Is this normal or like... yeah XDD. Any tips greatly appreciated!

Ryzen 7 2700x

B450 AORUS PRO

Booting Windows and opening applications on startup can produce 100% cpu, that is normal especially if it calms down after a couple minutes.   If it stayed at 100% with nothing open that could be a problem.   

Also note:  When you first open task manager you will see 100% for a second or 2 while it polls the system, this is normal behavior as well. 

35 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Are you booting from a HDD or an SSD? And how much RAM do you have?

20 minutes ago, Allan B said:

Booting Windows and opening applications on startup can produce 100% cpu, that is normal especially if it calms down after a couple minutes.   If it stayed at 100% with nothing open that could be a problem.   

Also note:  When you first open task manager you will see 100% for a second or 2 while it polls the system, this is normal behavior as well. 

Oh alright re assures me. 

Thank you! 😂

7 minutes ago, FireLegend said:

In that case, it's likely that you just have a good number of startup applications that are all trying to start at the same time, and that is using a lot of your CPU resources.

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

Guess so