Jump to content

Reddit now blocking VPNs.

Uzrathixius

image.png.3644c3415fead85841529a8f4a1b6d49.png

Anyone else running into this? It can be circumvented by using old.reddit.com; for now. 

However, media is still blocked. No idea what else may be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The very first line says your User-Agent string is empty. You can check it at a place like this one: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/what-is-my-user-agent/

 

If you have any plugin that modifies the User-Agent string, try disabling it for Reddit. As far as I read the message, they're not blocking VPNs, they're simply asking you to log in, if you use one.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

The very first line says your User-Agent string is empty.

Really? Does it now? It's not though. 

 

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

You can check it at a place like this one: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/what-is-my-user-agent/

That website doesn't work with VPNs.

 

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

If you have any plugin that modifies the User-Agent string, try disabling it for Reddit.

If you think I was a user who had that, do you not think I'm would also be a user who knows to do that to trouble shoot? Just maybe? 

 

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

As far as I read the message, they're not blocking VPNs, they're simply asking you to log in, if you use one.

That's called blocking VPNs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Uzrathixius said:

Really? Does it now? It's not though. 

 

That website doesn't work with VPNs.

 

If you think I was a user who had that, do you not think I'm would also be a user who knows to do that to trouble shoot? Just maybe? 

 

That's called blocking VPNs. 

What is the need to be so condescending? You're the one asking for help here.

 

Moreover, everything you've said here is incorrect.

 

1. Yes, it does say that, and it quite likely is.

2. That website does work with VPNs.

3. People have done a lot more without knowing s**t.

4. It isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, Reddit block some vpns. I have Mullvad vpn and not all server work for Reddit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BloodyWhiteFox said:

Yup, Reddit block some vpns. I have Mullvad vpn and not all server work for Reddit.

Looks like there is to much traffic coming from the same ip cuz they want you to contact them on a ratelimit email adress

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×