Lenovo PC won't boot to anything plugged in.

Hello guys,

I am here asking for help. Today I was making some changes to some of my computers and I swapped some parts around. I have two Lenovo ThinkCentre SFFs (one is M92p other is M82) which I bought refurbished of a local seller in my town, then I swapped the CPU (i7-3770) and the RAM (12gb ddr3 1333mhz) from the m92p to the m82 and it booted successfully. After i did that i got the old parts from the m82 (i5 3570, 8gb ddr3 1333mhz) and putted them in the m92p. So i essentially swapped parts except from the motherboard (proprietary).

Now when I try to power on the M92p it shows the logo but then it doesn't boot and it stays there. I have a hdd with windows 11, a ssd with windows 10, and an usb with ventoy, NOTHING will boot. When i disconnect everything it pops up with the "no os found, restarting in 1 sec" screen. I have tried different Ram slots, only one dimm, changing cpu, changing power supply, with or without gpu.

If you you have any ideas please write them.

Thanks a lot!

btw sorry for my english

• 5 months later...
On 12/10/2023 at 4:18 PM, Kostas0pr01 said:

Hello guys,

I am here asking for help. Today I was making some changes to some of my computers and I swapped some parts around. I have two Lenovo ThinkCentre SFFs (one is M92p other is M82) which I bought refurbished of a local seller in my town, then I swapped the CPU (i7-3770) and the RAM (12gb ddr3 1333mhz) from the m92p to the m82 and it booted successfully. After i did that i got the old parts from the m82 (i5 3570, 8gb ddr3 1333mhz) and putted them in the m92p. So i essentially swapped parts except from the motherboard (proprietary).

Now when I try to power on the M92p it shows the logo but then it doesn't boot and it stays there. I have a hdd with windows 11, a ssd with windows 10, and an usb with ventoy, NOTHING will boot. When i disconnect everything it pops up with the "no os found, restarting in 1 sec" screen. I have tried different Ram slots, only one dimm, changing cpu, changing power supply, with or without gpu.

If you you have any ideas please write them.

Thanks a lot!

btw sorry for my english

Sounds like it is set to CSM and the boot drives are UEFI. It is possible that the machine does not support UEFI and therefore cannot find the Windows installations. Try changing the BIOS settings so that secure boot and UEFI are enabled also make sure the sata drives are enabled for booting.