ISP IP Masking Method

zivenn

Hello, I have a MMORPG game that I play on the computer. In this game, there is a "multi-client" feature, which means I can run the same game on one computer with three different accounts. In total, I can run this game three times from one computer.

However, after opening the third client in this game, I cannot open the game on a laptop that uses the same modem or internet. This is because the game allows a maximum of 3 characters to enter using "1 Modem or ISP IP." In other words, there is a limit of opening 3 clients from one Modem IP.

To be able to play the game on the laptop, I share the mobile data or internet from my phone's SIM card with the laptop. This way, I can access the game on the laptop.

My question is:
Can I bypass this limit using a different ISP IP masking method with the internet at my home? For example, if I purchase an additional router for my home modem, create an internet bridge connection between this router and my modem, and then provide internet to the laptop through the router via an RJ45 connection, can I surpass the limit? This is just a theory, and I haven't had the opportunity to test it because I don't have a router.

If you have any other methods, programs, or devices to suggest, I can consider reviewing or purchasing them.

I can run three clients on the laptop using free VPN programs like Windscribe, but many free Windscribe VPN IPs are often banned or I may experience ping issues due to the servers I connect to.

36 minutes ago, zivenn said:

Can I bypass this limit using a different ISP IP masking method with the internet at my home? For example, if I purchase an additional router for my home modem, create an internet bridge connection between this router and my modem,

No, that will still share your single public IP.

I'm actually surprised any game uses the IP address for something like this, given if you were on CG-NAT you could end up not being able to play at all as thousands of customers share an IP.

A VPN is problematic in the same way, it shares many customers over a single IP address.

How you are doing it now using your phone is the cheapest method.  The other way would be to have your own private VPN such as on a Virtual Private Server which is less likely to get banned or have latency issues.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz) WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz)

Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 hours ago, zivenn said:

For example, if I purchase an additional router for my home modem, create an internet bridge connection between this router and my modem, and then provide internet to the laptop through the router via an RJ45 connection, can I surpass the limit?

The IP address limit is attached to your account for your ISP. Most ISP's provide a residential customer 1 IPv4 address. In some cases you can purchase additional IP addresses from the ISP. But I can tell you that with my ISP is based on the region in which you live, in some areas they allow this practice and in others they dont.

Fun fact there are 4.3 Billion possible IPv4 addresses. There are about 8 Billion or so people living on the planet. Do the math. We have exhausted all the IPv4 address for the most part. Bare in mind not all of those 4.3 Billion addresses are internet routable, as they are used for private purposes, such as your home router. Until the internet switches to IPv6 and software is patched so it can more utilize IPv6, this probably will continue to persist.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.