Steps and tips for running OG xbox or ps2 emulations on PC?

If this isn't the right place to post this, please tell me where I can ask this question. 

Now with the question, I am attempting to run ESPN NFL 2k 5 for literally any emulated console that can run it. I am stuck with a couple of old laptops that don't do the job, but soon my mediocre gaming rig will be fixed and I can do this on that. My rig has 8 gb ddr4, i5 13th gen, (8 or so cores) and a GTX 1660 Super. I don't remember the exact specs, but it can run red dead 2 at pretty high quality, to give you a benchmark.

My crap laptops have ryzen 3 and 8 gb ram and a 2013 model i7 laptop with 8 gigs of ram. Im not trying it on there anymore.

Now, I feel it will run ok on my rig IF I have the right settings figured out for graphics and audio. I always get occasional beeping noises and audio crackling, and a bit of video lag ( on crap laptops).  I have tried it on Xemu and PCSX2 (more luck with the latter), is there a better emulation program out there, and what bios files and stuff should i use, in addition to correct settings?