Ps5 samsung ssd 990 pro with heatsink

Fzone

Hello, quick question if someone uses the ssd for ps5 mentioned in title, i heard that we need to update firmware cuz ssd breaks faster then regular. I read that it only applies to this model numbers MZ-V9P1T0B/AM this is non heatsink version. MZ-V9P1T0CW/AM is heatsink version and its not listed on site that it needs firmware update. Did anyone experienced problems with heatsink version without update?

Do you not have a PC you could temporarily stick the drive in to update the firmware? This is what I would do.

Just now, OhioYJ said:

Do you not have a PC you could temporarily stick the drive in to update the firmware? This is what I would do.

I have a laptop but i dont want to rly open it to put ssd in as im no tech expert

4 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

Just checked my ssd is manufactured after the issue is pointed out and there was a patch already. I guess i shouldnt worry too much then and someone noted that the drives were failing only on pc not on consoles. But if its faulty and breaks down il just call myself upon a 5 year warranty they give us...