New RX 6800 for $370 on Newegg

Agall

Word of warning: this card is looooong. Almost 13.5" (34cm), to be precise. It's just as long as the MERC cooler design XFX uses on higher-end SKUs. Make sure it can fit in your case before you pull the trigger. I feel like people might not expect a card that isn't and wasn't at the top of a product stack to be so large, so I want to point it out. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Word of warning: this card is looooong. Almost 13.5" (34cm), to be precise. It's just as long as the MERC cooler design XFX uses on higher-end SKUs. Make sure it can fit in your case before you pull the trigger. I feel like people might not expect a card that isn't and wasn't at the top of a product stack to be so large, so I want to point it out. 

As long as a lot of RTX 4090's, which have no problem fitting in mid towers.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

3 minutes ago, Agall said:

As long as a lot of RTX 4090's, which have no problem fitting in mid towers.

The 4090 is an apex GPU in its product stack so I think people are kind of used to those being very large, I said as much.

Speaking from experience, the MERC 6950 XT barely fits in my Meshify 2 Compact with normal front intake fans installed. It was about 2mm from touching the fans. The Meshify 2 Compact is... compact, but I'm also not using a thicc front rad like a lot of people are with their bigger cases. Other people are nursing along old cases with a stack of front drive bays from an era where a 10" long card was considered mammoth. 

Just putting the info out there. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

People keep old cases. I had to remove drive bays for a 2060 Super which isn't even big anymore by today' standards. When a friend got a 6800XT we installed it with a dremel.

42 minutes ago, thevictor390 said:

People keep old cases. I had to remove drive bays for a 2060 Super which isn't even big anymore by today' standards. When a friend got a 6800XT we installed it with a dremel.

I see no problem with this

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

8 minutes ago, Agall said:

I see no problem with this

Not a problem at all just agreeing that its something to consider when buying.

Its-gone GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500