Been out of the PC loop since 2021, would like to upgrade

tank234

Budget (including currency): 600 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA 5, beam ng, car games, sim games 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 3060ti, 1000w corsair psu, 1440p at 144z

Hey everyone, I have been out of the PC loop for quite a long time now, but I am back into playing games and I noticed when I play games my PC isn't really pushing out the best fps it can, anymore. The PC is fine when I use it for light gaming here and there but ever since I upgraded from a 1050ti to a 3060ti it has become pretty laggy I don't know if it is being bottlenecked in any way I have an i7-8700 non k which I do remember I delidded and added liquid metal so I am not sure it could be throttling itself because I do get blue screens but very rarely. 16gb ddr4 memory and a dell motherboard. I think my PC is an XPS 8930 but with a different psu and GPU. I have a 1000w psu, I know overkill but I got it for free lol.

Is it worth upgrading? I'd like to use the 3060ti I got for now and upgrade the motherboard, CPU, memory, CPU cooler, and case. Anything better than what I have now in a $600 budget or is it just best to start from scratch and build something new? I would like to use it for like 5-6 years like my current build. The setup I have right now is pretty decent but it just can't handle 60 fps at 1440p max settings in any game. 

LM like that has to be replaced yearly, otherwise it can lead to some pretty massive issues.

Did you do DDU when you installed the new gpu?

Max settings is dumb, stop trying to do them. Just adjust your settings you are not missing out on anything noteworthy. 

Is it worth to upgrade? with a 3060ti, you will notice some gains depending on what you get, but mostly on the minimum rather then the max. 600 CAD is pretty limiting, you will have to buy used hardware for the best performance for the $$$. a 12600k+Mobo+Ram see if there are any local deals or on ebay.