I have no idea what is wrong with my computer

CoolTownGamer

(Specs: ryzen 9 5900x ((brand new)), corsair vengeance LPX 32gb 2 stick 3600, suprim x 3080 ti 12gb (2nd oldest part in my system), NZXT kraken x63, msi mpg b550 gaming plus motherboard, Samsung 980 pro w/ heatsink, corsair 4000d air flow, corsair rm750 psu, and another ssd from my original prebuilt system).

I have had a singular problem with my computer for months where when I turn it on it will give me the bad_system_config_info error code. After that it will reboot, go through the diagnosis process, and then just load me into windows recovery with an error code. I got a fresh copy of windows when I took it to the shop months ago (but even with my other windows 10 copy I was having the same problems), and with a completely updated bios. The only lights that even flash on the motherboard when booting up are the vga, dram, or boot light and its white each time. 

Not a single person I have brought my computer to has been able to help me. The issues haven't changed once despite replacing every single part in my system with the exception of the psu, gpu, the older ssd, and the case. I replaced the motherboard and cpu less than a week ago and took every single component out of my system at the time just in case they needed to be reseated. I need help with anything at all because I have tried just about everything and I have no idea what could still possibly be wrong with my computer. Any advice or suggestions at all would be very helpful.

Edited by CoolTownGamer
Forgot to include that I had reseated everything after a new motherboard install and ram type

so that error can be either software or hardware...

I would just use 1 drive in the pc...open CMD run as admin and type   SFC /SCANNOW

and then test pc

if no change just run with 1 stick of ram, try each stick seperatly in each slot and test pc

run memtest on each stick

check any cables you have from drives (replace)

if its software look at the older ssd maybe being the issue or the cable...format the drive

or it could be the gpu as that is the only other part (except psu) that is original

2 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

I would just use 1 drive in the pc...open CMD run as admin and type   SFC /SCANNOW

and then test pc

if no change just run with 1 stick of ram, try each stick seperatly in each slot and test pc

if its software look at the older ssd maybe being the issue or the cable...format the drive

or it could be the gpu as that is the only other part (except psu) that is original

I will try that, but I was having the same problems with other parts so I don't know how much of a problem the gpu is. I have genuinely no idea tho

46 minutes ago, CoolTownGamer said:

(Specs: ryzen 9 5900x ((brand new)), corsair vengeance LPX 32gb 2 stick 3600, suprim x 3080 ti 12gb (2nd oldest part in my system), NZXT kraken x63, msi mpg b550 gaming plus motherboard, Samsung 980 pro w/ heatsink, corsair 4000d air flow, corsair rm750 psu, and another ssd from my original prebuilt system).

I have had a singular problem with my computer for months where when I turn it on it will give me the bad_system_config_info error code. After that it will reboot, go through the diagnosis process, and then just load me into windows recovery with an error code. I got a fresh copy of windows when I took it to the shop months ago (but even with my other windows 10 copy I was having the same problems), and with a completely updated bios. The only lights that even flash on the motherboard when booting up are the vga, dram, or boot light and its white each time. 

Not a single person I have brought my computer to has been able to help me. The issues haven't changed once despite replacing every single part in my system with the exception of the psu, gpu, the older ssd, and the case. I replaced the motherboard and cpu less than a week ago and took every single component out of my system at the time just in case they needed to be reseated. I need help with anything at all because I have tried just about everything and I have no idea what could still possibly be wrong with my computer. Any advice or suggestions at all would be very helpful.

I've heard about people having issues with storage taken from a older PC. I wonder if that could be part of the issue here? Maybe try unplugging it?

TBH I don't have high hopes we will be able to fix it tho.   

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

20 minutes ago, Failure 101 said:

I've heard about people having issues with storage taken from a older PC. I wonder if that could be part of the issue here? Maybe try unplugging it?

TBH I don't have high hopes we will be able to fix it tho.   

yeah I took out the original ssd and it didn't change anything sadly.

32 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

and then test pc

so I tried the scf /scannow and it said it found problems and it would apply after the next reboot but it immediately blue screened. When i try to start it in safe mode as well I run into the same issues. I don't know what memtest is tho 

ok memtest, type it in to windows search box when you get the pc running again if you do?

the fact it found problems does not mean they are the problems causing the issue, they could be due to the problem causing files to corrupt

so you only have the 1 drive installed, 1 stick of ram?

time for fresh install of windows i think (again?) if it still happens after a fresh install with no other drive then its probably a hardware issue..and if the psu and gpu are the only original parts i would lean towards the gpu being the culprit?

would need to test the gpu in another system to be certain

1 minute ago, aledsav1 said:

ok memtest, type it in to windows search box when you get the pc running again if you do?

the fact it found problems does not mean they are the problems causing the issue, they could be due to the problem causing files to corrupt

time for fresh install of windows i think (again?) if it still happens after a fresh install with no other drive then its probably a hardware issue..and if the psu and gpu are the only original parts i would lean towards the gpu being the culprit?

alright I will try the memtest stuff and the ram. Im hoping it isn't the gpu bc I spent a very hefty amount on it.

15 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

yea I tried the memtest stuff with my ram and the problem still didn't change. I'll try the windows install one last time and I think I'm going to also try running ubuntu off a flash drive to see if the gpu is for sure the problem.