PC just won't be stable. I'm a lot of money poorer, but am I crazy?

xDariius

I'm very tired, frustrated and a lot of money poorer. I've had a system which was unstable. This happened after I purchased an AMD card, the 7800XT to be precise.

After installing the card the problems began. My PC randomly froze with a black screen and being unresponsive. This was 4 months ago.

After a lot of troubleshooting, posting on reddit forums and other forums including Tweakers (a Dutch electronics forum) I found out it could be a PSU problem, because I had an old PSU.

And that is where all the money went down.

I started buying and installing brand new parts (because I did not have them) to get my system to work properly. I upgraded my PSU first, still crashes, than I upgraded my MOBO, CPU and RAM. Still crashes. Than I removed all the storage and installed a brand new M.2 SSD with a clean Windows install, still crashes.

I moved my entire system into a brand new case, still crashes. And last but not least, I had an AIO watercooler and some NZXT lightning peripherals and RGB fans, removed them, installed the boxed cooler from my CPU. installed the base case fans. And guess what, still crashes.

I moved my desk to a different spot so I can connect my PSU straight into a wallplug. I made sure not to daisy-chain my GPU. I tried different monitors with different cables, nothing seemed to work. I'm beginning to believe that I perhaps shouldn't be into PC building, just because I can never get it to work.

So yeah, this is my last resort. I'm down about 1600 euros, I need my PC for my work and I use it for entertainment like games and series. So it's kinda my 'everything'. If anyone would be of any assistance, I will forever be in your debt.

My system right now:
GPU: AMD 7800XT

CPU: i5 13500

CPU Cooler: Stock

PSU: Corsair 850W

MOBO: GIGABYTE B760 GAMING X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5200Mhz 32GB (dual channel)

Oh and to add to this, there is a faint coil whine which I cannot find where it is coming from. 

5 minutes ago, xDariius said:

I'm very tired, frustrated and a lot of money poorer. I've had a system which was unstable. This happened after I purchased an AMD card, the 7800XT to be precise.

After installing the card the problems began. My PC randomly froze with a black screen and being unresponsive. This was 4 months ago.

After a lot of troubleshooting, posting on reddit forums and other forums including Tweakers (a Dutch electronics forum) I found out it could be a PSU problem, because I had an old PSU.

And that is where all the money went down.

I started buying and installing brand new parts (because I did not have them) to get my system to work properly. I upgraded my PSU first, still crashes, than I upgraded my MOBO, CPU and RAM. Still crashes. Than I removed all the storage and installed a brand new M.2 SSD with a clean Windows install, still crashes.

I moved my entire system into a brand new case, still crashes. And last but not least, I had an AIO watercooler and some NZXT lightning peripherals and RGB fans, removed them, installed the boxed cooler from my CPU. installed the base case fans. And guess what, still crashes.

I moved my desk to a different spot so I can connect my PSU straight into a wallplug. I made sure not to daisy-chain my GPU. I tried different monitors with different cables, nothing seemed to work. I'm beginning to believe that I perhaps shouldn't be into PC building, just because I can never get it to work.

So yeah, this is my last resort. I'm down about 1600 euros, I need my PC for my work and I use it for entertainment like games and series. So it's kinda my 'everything'. If anyone would be of any assistance, I will forever be in your debt.

My system right now:
GPU: AMD 7800XT

CPU: i5 13500

CPU Cooler: Stock

PSU: Corsair 850W

MOBO: GIGABYTE B760 GAMING X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5200Mhz 32GB (dual channel)

If card was new and problems started when you got it why didn't RMA the card?

Even now it's still under warranty.

Can you test that removing GPU the problems?

Definitely should have started by contacting your cards manufacturer and getting a warranty replacement.

1 hour ago, Likwid said:

If card was new and problems started when you got it why didn't RMA the card?

Even now it's still under warranty.

Can you test that removing GPU the problems?

I installed my old GPU and some of the problems were still there. Some weird glitches like random white flashes on my monitor and a strange white line at the side of media like YouTube video's or Netflix series. I didn't return the card because I really wanted it to work and thought other parts in my system were causing the issues. A other people suggested that aswell.