Question for anybody that know minecraft server stuff

shadowss
ok i have a question which you all might be able to answer should the memory of a minecraft server never decrease like fluctuate like the cpu usage or should it always increase aslong as the minecraft server is open ?
simply wanna know if i misunderstood how memory usage work on a server

Memory usage varies. One of the biggest factors is how many people are online at any given time. More players means more chunks loaded, meaning more RAM usage. I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if memory usage increased on average as the server got older. As you build more complex structures like redstone contraptions and mob farms, memory usage may increase.

I think you might be confusing memory with storage. The game save/world size will generally only increase, as you explore the world.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 1:08 PM, SwiftCoderJoe said:

Memory usage varies. One of the biggest factors is how many people are online at any given time. More players means more chunks loaded, meaning more RAM usage. I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if memory usage increased on average as the server got older. As you build more complex structures like redstone contraptions and mob farms, memory usage may increase.

I think you might be confusing memory with storage. The game save/world size will generally only increase, as you explore the world.

nope was not confusing it with storage its just the memory that constantly increase does not decrease its become better now we found out that its how the server provider has made it where we use a plugin or mod cant remember which it is called spark that show that it actually increase and decress did ask the server provider and their excuse is that ram just never unloads and only stores more and more on the cache so it would only increase in ram usage which in my head dont make any sense and im pretty sure thats not how ram works but thats how they run their stuff