8pin Splitter 1 for CPU and Another one for RTX 2060

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
1 hour ago, tejaspadia007 said:

Because Am out of budget now I literally don't have money

I have 2 psu one is new one from ant eSports(400w) and one is older fontec psu(450w)

Sell the power supplies you have, purchase one that will not explode 

Hello,

I have recently built my new low budget gamming pc

It has-

I7-4790s

Ant eSports h81 motherboard

Ant eSports VS400L (400w) PSU

M.2 SSD

NVIDIA RTX 2060

8GB DDR3 RAM

I wants to know that can I use my single 8pin EPS power connector with splitter to power CPU and my GPU.....

Am planning to connect one 8pin EPS to 8pin pcie converter to power my graphics Card....

I guess My cpu doesn't need much power from 8 pin EPS connector

So am hoping to use that extra power to power my GPU.....

I have just blown same new power supply in just 8 days , I was using it to power my graphics Card with (DIY) dual molex to 8pin pcie connector

I just get the new one from company

And now am scared to use it in same way again,  even with new factory made dual molex to 8 pin pcie connector....

So am planning to use 8pin EPS with splitter....

So,

Will it work and is it safe?

If this didn't work then I will go for dual power supply method where I will use dedicated PSU for graphics Card....

5 minutes ago, tejaspadia007 said:

If this didn't work then I will go for dual power supply method where I will use dedicated PSU for graphics Card....

Tell me the reason that you would rather do this, than just get a power supply with a PCIe power connector 

Especially with the risk of blowing up power supplies and buying multiple power supplies instead of just 1 good one

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I have 2 psu one is new one from ant eSports(400w) and one is older fontec psu(450w)

And yaah I have concluded that this method is bit tricky

Wires are just inverted in 8 pin EPS connector.....

1 hour ago, tejaspadia007 said:

Sell the power supplies you have, purchase one that will not explode 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad