Trying to control my CPU fan via bios

SONYSIKE

I want my CPU fan to go at a higher RPM at a lower temperature and came across a PWM setting that had value like 1, 2, 4, 8, and 15 with a bunch of decimals. What is that setting and is it related to my CPU fan speed control or something? If not, please tell me which setting it is to control my CPU fan and set the RPM at certain temperatures.

6 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

What motherboard do you own? Every bios has a fan cruve settings that can direct the CPU cooler fan to do whatever you like at whichever temprture. The fan curve is self explanatory once you find it.

You can also do with software inside windows but I do not recommend it, just use the one in Bios.

I got a B460M

30 minutes ago, SONYSIKE said:

I got a B460M

That's the model, you gotta see what brand it is to find out where the fan curve options are. But, you can just head to your bios right now, it would be hard to miss.

13 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

That's the model, you gotta see what brand it is to find out where the fan curve options are. But, you can just head to your bios right now, it would be hard to miss.

I got it off ali express, it is a Jginyue B460M Gaming Plus motherboard and it says the bios vendor is American Megatrends, project version OEM 0.31 x64, made on the 14th of November, 2020 at 15:09:43

Probably counterfeit. Can you link to the listing, please?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

9 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Probably counterfeit. Can you link to the listing, please?

I can't find this listing as it was many years ago.

I searched for a second and found a YT video...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=17X4InfAORY&shem=sswnst

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Looks like RevGAM beat me to the link when was I watching the video. May not be classified as counterfeit. My guess it's garbage refurbished motherboard and parts to be resold as working enough for the time being to be sold.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W