only one rgb header on motherboard, looking for solution

slimreaper112

Hello, I'm building my first pc and realized my mobo only has one rgb port but i have 6 rgb fans is there any alternatives i can use to get them to light up? I have 2 aura addressable headers,is there a way i could plug them into there i tried looking for an adapter but could find anything or are there rgb hubs that i can plug into a usb to power it? sorry if these are dumb questions im a noob

You can look on Amazon for RGB hubs to see if any will work for you. There are kinds that allow you to connect SATA or 4pin molex for extra power so it's not entirely dependant on the motherboard power. If you can wait for deliveries you may be able to find them half the price on AliExpress compared Amazon. It took about 2-3 weeks to get most of my orders I did this month from AliExpress.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

12 hours ago, slimreaper112 said:

Hello, I'm building my first pc and realized my mobo only has one rgb port but i have 6 rgb fans is there any alternatives i can use to get them to light up? I have 2 aura addressable headers,is there a way i could plug them into there i tried looking for an adapter but could find anything or are there rgb hubs that i can plug into a usb to power it? sorry if these are dumb questions im a noob

we (aka you) need to know if the fans are ARGB or RGB 

and / or just the name of them 

As suggested by @alyen, you can get a fan hub that is powered directly by the power supply. 

Some hubs only do PWM (power), RGB, or ARGB, but others combine 2 or all. Look at various places to find good choices. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂