Asrock B450M Gaming Cyberpower BIOS update

DartBTW

I received a Cyberpower Prebuilt PC a long while ago and am now looking to upgrade some of the parts in the system. I need to update the Bios of the motherboard but im unable to find it online. I understand that the motherboard is a cyberpower rebranded version of the B450. Where can I find the Bios updates for this MB. Any other info would be helpful if you have any questions just ask and ill try my best to answer them.

2 minutes ago, DartBTW said:

I understand that the motherboard is a cyberpower rebranded version of the B450

From what I am aware of, doesn't cyberpower just slap their logo on an existing motherboard?

What specific motherboard do you have? Is it the ASRock B450M/AC? The B450M-Pro4?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

From what I am aware of, doesn't cyberpower just slap their logo on an existing motherboard?

What specific motherboard do you have? Is it the ASRock B450M/AC? The B450M-Pro4?

im not sure i used CPU-Z and even went into the BIOS and all it says is that is an ASRock B450M Gaming, version is P1.00 

14 minutes ago, DartBTW said:

im not sure i used CPU-Z and even went into the BIOS and all it says is that is an ASRock B450M Gaming, version is P1.00 

Does it look like any of these?

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#s=33&c=133&f=7&m=7&sort=price&page=1

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 minutes ago, DartBTW said:

It might just be easier to crack the machine open and check for a model number. Because that info should be printed on the board.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It looks like this one "ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard" I was able to go through customer support on cyber power and they gave me the files to update it but it only goes up to p2.20 and unfortunately, I need p2.30 so I can use a ryzen 5 5600x. And i asked the support guy if i would be able to use the B450M/AC bios and he said that it would probably give me a hazard warning, or break my motherboard or pc, or it just wouldn't work.

4 minutes ago, DartBTW said:

It looks like this one "ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard" I was able to go through customer support on cyber power and they gave me the files to update it but it only goes up to p2.20 and unfortunately, I need p2.30 so I can use a ryzen 5 5600x. And i asked the support guy if i would be able to use the B450M/AC bios and he said that it would probably give me a hazard warning, or break my motherboard or pc, or it just wouldn't work.

If the motherboard itself says B450M/ac on it, I would be fairly confident that a BIOS flash using the ASRock provided BIOS file would work just fine. It does not make any sense really for Cyberpower to custom alter AND code firmware for super similar motherboards.

They also have a reason to warn you against updating the BIOS because in any situation, if something does happen, it would have a bad outcome for your motherboard. However, Cyberpower or no, that's always a risk. (Just don't tell them you tried to flash an "unauthorized" firmware version if you have to RMA it lol)

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If the motherboard itself says B450M/ac on it, I would be fairly confident that a BIOS flash using the ASRock provided BIOS file would work just fine. It does not make any sense really for Cyberpower to custom alter AND code firmware for super similar motherboards.

They also have a reason to warn you against updating the BIOS because in any situation, if something does happen, it would have a bad outcome for your motherboard. However, Cyberpower or no, that's always a risk. (Just don't tell them you tried to flash an "unauthorized" firmware version if you have to RMA it lol)

It's just the BIOS is cyber power branded and they said only Cyber Power bios would work on it and not the official ASRock ones, both ASRock and Cyber Power said that

23 minutes ago, DartBTW said:

It's just the BIOS is cyber power branded and they said only Cyber Power bios would work on it and not the official ASRock ones, both ASRock and Cyber Power said that

Oh, well if ASRock confirms that the Cyberpower version is proprietary then it sounds like only Cyberpower can provide the firmware for a Ryzen 5000 series CPU 

Primary PC:

I did a google and found this:

I'm not sure if that is the same model you have or not or if it works with the latest BIOS update or which one people used.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W