How much hotter do i need to print with a hardened steel nozzle?

_Omega_

Just got some dirt cheap glow in the dark PLA and as expected wrecked my brass nozzle, i already had some hardened steel nozzles laying around but now is the question:

how much hotter do i need to print with it?

Is there any rule of thumb or do i just need to try different setting? 

first a little sidenote; i use brass nozzles with a hardened coating for glow in the dark PLA, and i've burned trough an entire roll on a single nozzle.

besides that.. it's sort of the issue of thermal conductivity that's also the issue with printing faster. i'd say just start with the temperatures you used for brass, if the PLA doesnt stick or flow very well up it by 5-10°c, rinse and repeat a few test prints until you've got something you like.

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

first a little sidenote; i use brass nozzles with a hardened coating for glow in the dark PLA, and i've burned trough an entire roll on a single nozzle.

besides that.. it's sort of the issue of thermal conductivity that's also the issue with printing faster. i'd say just start with the temperatures you used for brass, if the PLA doesnt stick or flow very well up it by 5-10°c, rinse and repeat a few test prints until you've got something you like.

I saw the nozzles with a hardened coating as well but they were more expensive so i did not want to bother as my printer rn is just a cheap ender 3 clone by Anycubic (Mega 2 SE) and it cant even print that fast anyways... I tried now printing with the same temperature but which works okayish but layer layer adhesion was a bit subpar so ill try +5 and +10 degrees now... 

On another hand, can you recommend a new printer that does not break the bank? I am thinking about getting a better printer that can maybe print faster and has a direct extruder for printing some more exotic filaments...  

4 hours ago, _Omega_ said:

On another hand, can you recommend a new printer that does not break the bank? I am thinking about getting a better printer that can maybe print faster and has a direct extruder for printing some more exotic filaments...  

you're not gonna get a faster printer on the cheap. as for something with a direct drive extruder.. they're apparently getting more rare, because of the speed problem. direct drive = heavier print head = slower.

if you want something direct drive, i'd say the wanhao D12. wanhao certainly isnt the leading light in printer quality, but they're a strong platform to build upon.

20 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you're not gonna get a faster printer on the cheap. as for something with a direct drive extruder.. they're apparently getting more rare, because of the speed problem. direct drive = heavier print head = slower.

if you want something direct drive, i'd say the wanhao D12. wanhao certainly isnt the leading light in printer quality, but they're a strong platform to build upon.

Yea i should have been more specific, its more that i dont want so spend more than about 400 € right now so im not gonna buy a Prusa MK4 rn 😄 . But still the wanhao D12 looks interesting especially as there is an option to get it with two extruders and its still about double as fast on paper than my Printer is  (on paper mine is capeble of 100 mm/s but prints do not look good at that speed so i print at 60 mm/s or 70 mm/s)

But i just saw that a lot of people recommend the Bambu Lab P1P although its not really at a price i want to spend but maybe ill just wait for a bit and save up some money and see if i want to spend it on a Printer...