2 360 mm rad expelling top and bottom of case

xc7 water block

10 Lian li Uni fan

3 corsair case fan

New parts

MSI meg ace x670e

7950x3d

64bg 6000 DDR5 cl 30

I am tiring to find out if the xc7 will work for direct die cooling with simple spacer and spring adjustments or if I should spring for a made for purpose block or given my current cooling solution should I even worry about deliding the 7950x3d. My use case is some very graphic heavy gaming (Hogwarts legacy ray tracing in 4k) with other RTS titles like Civ IV as well as 3d modeling and rendering

1 hour ago, grimdemocu said:

I am tiring to find out if the xc7 will work for direct die cooling with simple spacer and spring adjustments

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. 

if I should spring for a made for purpose block

AFAIK the only one that exists is made by EKWB, though I don't really see the point since your current block should work just fine with a few extra washers. 

given my current cooling solution should I even worry about deliding the 7950x3d

I wouldn't. Delidding AM5 CPUs doesn't make a whole lot of sense outside of a handful of situations, most of which are overclocking oriented. Since the X3D CPUs are pretty locked down OC wise, you wouldn't get anywhere with it and thus the performance wouldn't really change a worthwhile amount with a delid. This just seems like voiding the warranty for no reason IMO. 

Unless you are benchmarking I wouldn't bother delidding any AM5 CPU.

If you do decide to do it, just be careful while mounting and you should be fine with your block + washers. There are a few other blocks that are designed with direct die in mind that may offer a bit of extra performance but obviously that involves spending a bunch more money for small gains.. Thermal Grizzly has the Mycro direct die block and Optimus includes direct die mounting hardware with their Signature V3 block. 

Personally, I just lapped the CPU to take some material off the stock IHS and I still run a TechN block that I bought for AM4. I don't remember exact temps, but it knocked a few degrees off and was less risky than a delid.