Best way to add more USB ports to PC

TS1997

Hello,

I have an old ASUS Z370-E motherboard that I need more USB ports on. The reason for this is that I currently have a keyboard, mouse and headphone amp connected leaving only 2 USB-A and 1 USB-C port available.

I’m planning a racing simulator build that I need 5 additional ports for, two of which needs to be USB 3. They are needed for the VR headset and the wheelbase. Then I also need ports for the pedals, shifter and handbrake but they don’t require USB 3.

Ultimately I’d like a USB hub mounted on the rig with at least 5 ports so I only need one USB cable from the rig to the PC. Are there any good ones that work for this scenario or is there a big risk of me experiencing issues? What do you guys recommend in this situation?

Thanks in advance!

If you need more USB controllers, PCIe expansion cards exist. Outside of that, good powered hubs work as well. 

9 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If you need more USB controllers, PCIe expansion cards exist. Outside of that, good powered hubs work as well. 

Okay, so a good powered hub should work then? 🙂 Any tips on good ones and ones to avoid?

1 hour ago, TS1997 said:

Okay, so a good powered hub should work then? 🙂 Any tips on good ones and ones to avoid?

Offhand? I've been happy with this for the past year. 

https://a.co/d/i3KSx6l