In need of a new PSU

Dz0nii

My current PSU is Vortex 800W 80 plus standard and it was a fine PSU while I had a GTX 1650, but recently I upgraded to a聽 Palit RTX 3060 Ti and I started hearing some coil whine when my GPU was under load. I undervolted the GPU and now the temps are lower as well as the sound but I can still hear some whining when under load. Also, currently the PSU is pretty loud while idle so I would like to upgrade to one that is less noisy. I am looking at some of be quiet or cooler master ones. If you have any suggestions I am happy to hear them!

My specs:

Ryzen 5 5600

16 Gb 3200MHz

Palit RTX 3060 Ti

Aorus Elite B550m

1TB nvme and 256GB Sata SSD

Vortex 800W 80 plus

Thanks in advance 馃檪

3 minutes ago, Dz0nii said:

My current PSU is Vortex 800W 80 plus standard and it was a fine PSU while I had a GTX 1650, but recently I upgraded to a聽 Palit RTX 3060 Ti and I started hearing some coil whine when my GPU was under load. I undervolted the GPU and now the temps are lower as well as the sound but I can still hear some whining when under load. Also, currently the PSU is pretty loud while idle so I would like to upgrade to one that is less noisy. I am looking at some of be quiet or cooler master ones. If you have any suggestions I am happy to hear them!

My specs:

Ryzen 5 5600

16 Gb 3200MHz

Palit RTX 3060 Ti

Aorus Elite B550m

1TB nvme and 256GB Sata SSD

Vortex 800W 80 plus

Thanks in advance 馃檪

Coilwhine can be annoying but it is not dangerous and does not affect the lifespan of the products.
Do you have a budget you would like to stay within?

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Coilwhine can be annoying but it is not dangerous and does not affect the lifespan of the products.
Do you have a budget you would like to stay within?

Maybe like 80-100$ but would like to be reliable with some room for upgrades down the line. Also that is the budget because in my country everything is like 30-50$ more.

5 minutes ago, Dz0nii said:

Maybe like 80-100$ but would like to be reliable with some room for upgrades down the line. Also that is the budget because in my country everything is like 30-50$ more.

The RM750e is a very popular PSU with 7 year warranty.聽 ( I run AM5 7700x - RTX 4080 on a corsair RM750w )

SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750w is popular with 10 year warranty.聽 These 2 PSU's might be a bit out of budget however,聽 if you say things cost more where you live.

Maybe you can find some PSU's in your price range where you live and then write it here and we can help you pick the best one out from what you have availible to you ? That would make things a lot easier 馃檪

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

The RM750e is a very popular PSU with 7 year warranty.聽 ( I run AM5 7700x - RTX 4080 on a corsair RM750w )

SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750w is popular with 10 year warranty.聽 These 2 PSU's might be a bit out of budget however,聽 if you say things cost more where you live.

Maybe you can find some PSU's in your price range where you live and then write it here and we can help you pick the best one out from what you have availible to you ? That would make things a lot easier 馃檪

I thought of be! Quiet Pure Power 11 700W, Cooler Master MWE 750W and actually not many more. These are also pretty expensive but I've heard that they are really good.聽

7 minutes ago, Dz0nii said:

I thought of be! Quiet Pure Power 11 700W, Cooler Master MWE 750W and actually not many more. These are also pretty expensive but I've heard that they are really good.聽

The Be Quiet one is an alright PSU.聽 What rating for the Cooler Master MWE 750W are you looking at? There are white, bronze, gold variations of it.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

The Be Quiet one is an alright PSU.聽 What rating for the Cooler Master MWE 750W are you looking at? There are white, bronze, gold variations of it.

Well the one I found is bronze but I am not sure how big is the difference between bronze and gold?

11 hours ago, Dz0nii said:

Well the one I found is bronze but I am not sure how big is the difference between bronze and gold?

A gold is more efficient than bronze but also more expensive. Then you select a bronze if a gold can not meet your budget.

19 hours ago, Dz0nii said:

in my country

What is your country or is it top secret?

Link to a webshop for PSUs in your country?

Buget in the currency of your country?