i need help with a Intel vs Amd presentation

InsidiousBoY

hi guys i need to make a Powerpoint about intel vs AMD cpu comparison for university and i dont know how far i should go.

should i stick to benchmarks and prices and home user cpus and keep it simple?

should i go far and talk about architectures, market shares, power consumption, and their server side cpus?

im presenting this to my class and my classmates dont know much about cpus at all, but at the same time i dont want it to be too simple.

what subjects i should talk about?

What degree are you doing?

Do your classmates matter in this, are they a panel?

Or is your presentation to them and the lecturer the main thing, if so, why not go all out if you have the knowledge, time and effort to put into it?

Do you want to go into detail on these things?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

thank you for your attention

im getting my masters 

my classmates are not a panel im just lecturing, i have the knowledge but the presentation is only 15 minutes and maybe 20 slides i can fit in that time so even if i wanted to go into details (witch i love to) i just dont have time.

6 minutes ago, InsidiousBoY said:

thank you for your attention

im getting my masters 

my classmates are not a panel im just lecturing, i have the knowledge but the presentation is only 15 minutes and maybe 20 slides i can fit in that time so even if i wanted to go into details (witch i love to) i just dont have time.

Well that answers that then! 😋 

You could also skim over some of the more detailed stuff then include an "I could go on" type thing which shows your interest, enthusiasm and knowledge of the topic extending beyond what youre presenting, but you simply dont have the time to elaborate

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

3 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

It did indeed to that 🤣

oops sorry i dont know why it dose that

4 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Well that answers that then! 😋 

You could also skim over some of the more detailed stuff then include an "I could go on" type thing which shows your interest, enthusiasm and knowledge of the topic extending beyond what youre presenting, but you simply dont have the time to elaborate

professinal bull shitter 😂😂

Know your audience. What do they know already, what new things can you teach them? You don't want to just rehash information they already know and waste everybody's time. You can quickly go over that, but then teach them something new and exciting.

Is it about architecture, internals of the cpu ... or what..

Maybe go into how amd uses chiplets  on higher end cpus and how they're combining one or two chiplets made at lower nm process (more expensive) with a "chipset" part that's made at 12-14 nm (to save costs) which contains the pci-e controller, some sata/usb , etc 

maybe talk about how they designed the chiplets so they could stack an extra die of sram to add cache memory to the x3d chips 

Anandtech tends to have good diagrams and pictures of how a cpu is inside with decent explanations. 

Could talk about how amd saves money by using same chiplets to make multiple processors, ryzen for desktop / home users, threadripper for high end users, epyc for servers 

maybe compare costs , how much a end user would have to spend over time ... ex with amd using socket am4 since 2017 until now, while intel had several "generations" and only because they were losing they made the 12 and 13" somewhat compatible and you didn't have to change motherboards.  show how good the stock coolers amd had versus the stock intel coolers ... 

imho slides with game benchmarks would be kind of silly 

People who know nothing about CPU won't give two tosses about benchmark performance.

What they can get invested in is AMD's struggle and then as an underdog going mainstream with Ryzen, Threadripper and Epyc and Intel's comedic inability to catch back up whilst sitting on the throne being caught with their pants down. That's more of a story that anybody can relate to even if they don't know anything about the hardware.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

yea im confused to what information you are trying to convey. 

Almost anything archecture wise would want to be doven into. 

if its just about end consumer use, then none of that maters and its price/performance/watt, market share outside of niche doesnt play a role

Thank you guys for the answers i figured it out

They have very basic info about cpus im gonig to keep it simple thanks again

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Anandtech tends to have good diagrams and pictures of how a cpu is inside with decent explanations. 

Just be sure you get permission to use them, especially if you’re using them for an official project.