Upgraded my GPU today, only a blank screen

LinussSonAngo

Hey guys, picked up a EVGA GTX 1080 FTW today. The previous owner said he tested the card just before I bought it and said all is fine. 

- Used DDU to remove my old GPU drivers

- Switched from a 1060 3gb to the 1080

- Blank screen, all the fans start spinning, and the pc boots to the OS (I know because I was able to input my password and all the lights switched to my settings);

1. After scouring the internet I tried resetting the CMOS by removing the battery but that did not solve my problem. 2. I went into the BIOS to change a “Integrated Graphic Adapter” setting to “PEG”?. My BIOS didn’t have the option so that was another dead end. 3. Display cables are verified to be working, power cables to the graphics card are seated, everything is how should be. 

When I plug my old GPU in, I get video and the computer works as it should. 

My PSU is rated at 500, it’s on the cusp, but it should run, I’ve seen videos of others with the same exact prebuilt and it does. So I don’t believe it’s the PSU.

My motherboard doesn’t have a HDMI or DP out so that creates another layer of intricacy.

I’m using a HP Omen prebuilt (875-0014). 

I appreciate you reading this, hopefully someone out there has the sauce! 

If you installed it correctly (plugged in all the cables? It does have 2 power connectors not one like your 1060) it is a dead gpu. 

Those GPUs are the same generation, so if a Gtx 1060 works a 1080 would work. It can't be some weird setting in the bios causing the issue since they are the same GPU generation.