Help meee with this build

Jose cardona

Budget (including currency): 1600-1650, but the cheapest the better

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: demanding gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

hello i am looking to build something, and i have a list, i want to see if it works or if there are any recommendations?

Parts

i first see that you have no fans so you'll have to add some because your case doesn't include any and you could upgrade your m.2 to a p5 plus for not much more and it will be much faster but otherwise it seems pretty good

1000w no need, 650w is enough.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

15 minutes ago, Jose cardona said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

hello i am looking to build something, and i have a list, i want to see if it works or if there are any recommendations?

Parts

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/G8yYWt

Here you go. You don't need a 360mm liquid cooler for the 7600x, The Peerless Assassin SE 120 is moret than plenty.
Went with slightly faster latency on the RAM. CL32 instead of CL36.

Changed to a single 2TB M.2

Changed case the the very popular 4000D airflow

1000w is absolutely crazy, 750w is more than enough ( I run 7700x - overclocked RTX 4080 on a 750w, max wattage during full load was around 450w )

Saved you 200 dollars for exactly the same performance.

You can also save even more by going with the 7600 non X that comes with a stock cooler than is also more than adequate for the CPU, you loose around 2-3% in performance by not going with the X version.

36 minutes ago, Jose cardona said:

An AIO is overkill for a 7600X. Consider a cheaper air cooler, like a pierless assassin.

Instead of the Samsung 870 Evo 1 TB SSD and 500 GB Crucial P3 Plus, you should go for a single 2TB NVMe SSD.

4070 is pretty poor value, if you will accept FSR (instead of DLSS) and can put up with weaker raytracing performance, you should get an AMD GPU.

RM1000e is complete overkill for this system, an RM750e would be enough and you'd still get the 10 year warrenty.

That case is super expensive and does nothing for performance, do you really want to spend a tenth of your budget on it?

With all the money I saved from the above I managed to upgrade you to a 7700X (8 cores instead of 6 and still dosn't need an AIO) and a RX7800XT (comes with 16GB of Vram instead of 12GB so it should be relevant for longer and should totally crush the 4070 in traditional rendering.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nFhbkJ

Only $1405.41 USD. There might also be further saving to be made on RAM and Motherboard choices. You could also invest another $100 into a 7800X3D and another $100 into a RX6950 XT.

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

Low profile low latency AMD EXPO RAM so that it doesn't impede that dual tower cpu cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 7 7700 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($305.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AG620 BK ARGB 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler  ($47.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: *G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: *Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($88.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: *Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($499.99 @ B&H) 
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1402.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-11-17 12:00 EST-0500

A better look at those components.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B650-GAMING-PLUS-WIFI  

https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-7-7700  

https://www.deepcool.com/products/Cooling/cpuaircoolers/AG620-BK-ARGB-Dual-Tower-CPU-Cooler-1700-AM5/2022/16082.shtml  

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/396/1673491242/F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5  

https://www.crucial.com/ssd/p5-plus/CT2000P5PSSD8 

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-R78XTGAMING-OC-16GD#kf  

https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MAG-A850GL-PCIE5  

https://lian-li.com/product/lancool-216/      

average-fps-1920-1080.png

37 minutes ago, Jose cardona said:

Parts

Is anything bought already?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 hours ago, Jose cardona said:

Parts

Get a 7900 xt

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($399.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($33.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B650 LiveMixer ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($88.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 310 Black Edition Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card  ($739.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse G300A (1 Fan) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack  ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1681.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-11-17 14:21 EST-0500

2 hours ago, will0hlep said:

4070 is pretty poor value

it's not, it's about 520 bucks in US right now and with lower power consumption than the 7800 xt it could be a good grab considering it has DLSS and more software features than amd

2 hours ago, will0hlep said:

that ram won't fit under a PA120

I'd just get a 7700 since they aren't doing any productivity 

Also the 7700x is a hotbox mostly since all the cores are concentrated in one place

2 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Changed case the the very popular 4000D airflow

only has two fans tho. I'd rather get a cheap and cheerful case and add some or get a 216

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

7 minutes ago, filpo said:

Also the 7700x is a hotbox mostly since all the cores are concentrated in one place

As a 7700x owner I don't agree. Mine is not a hotbox at all.

1 hour ago, filpo said:

it's not, it's about 520 bucks in US right now and with lower power consumption than the 7800 xt it could be a good grab considering it has DLSS and more software features than amd

The options:
Zotac Twin Edge GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card for $514.99
Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card for $499.99

XFX Speedster MERC 319 Radeon RX 6950 XT 16 GB Video Card for $589.99

To defend my position:

The RX7800XT and RX6950XT are gonna net you about 7-10% and 15-20% more FPS on average in tradition rendering. The RX7800XT does this while being 3% cheaper, and the RX6950XT is 14% more expensive.

DLSS is a small value add, but IMO it's not massively better than FSR. Now with raytracing performance, you are giving up about 5% with the RX7800XT but the RX6950XT will get 10% more fps than the 4070. These figures arn't perfect, given they are slightly underperforming for the price difference. However, I'd argue that raytracing is still very much secondary to most gamers and it's pretty close to parity in terms of frames for the price. (I also expect the RX7800XT to improve over time and FSR to close the gap on DLSS over time)

As a small added bonus, the AMD cards get 16GB of Vram, while the 4070 only gets 12GB.

Because of all this it is my opinion that the RX 7800 XT is a better card for less money. I also consider the RX6950XT to be a better value alternative to the 4070 if you've got the extra $75. Therefore, I think the 4070 to be "a pretty poor value". That said, I'm open to being convinced otherwise 🙂.

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

2 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

"a pretty poor value"

that said, it's better value than the 4070 ti, 4060 ti 16gb, 4080 and the 4090 (which is starting at $1900 nowadays, crazy prices NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPU Prices Hit Close To $2000 In The US, Cheapest Model Now At $1900 US (wccftech.com)). basically what I was saying is that if someone had a specific use case, it would be more useful for them, maybe I should've been clearer. But yes in gaming AMD takes the top spot

4 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

As a small added bonus, the AMD cards get 16GB of Vram, while the 4070 only gets 12GB.

if optimization goes good in 2024 maybe that won't be a huge problem. Then again, more is always better

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 minutes ago, filpo said:

that said, it's better value than the 4070 ti, 4060 ti 16gb, 4080 and the 4090...

Yep

2 minutes ago, filpo said:

...the 4090 which is starting at $1900 nowadays...

I was looking at it today for a laugh, it's mad

He/Him