Dell optiplex dual GPu

RPK_R5
Go to solution Solved by RPK_R5,
On 11/17/2023 at 5:25 PM, RPK_R5 said:

Hi guys I am going to find out eventually but I will ask here too. I have a dell optiplex 7010 sff and I want to install two gpus on it (a quadro k620 and a tesla p4). The motherboard on this model of computer has two pcie slots, a full x16 3.0 and a x16 wired in x4 2.0. The 3.0 delivers 75w and the 2.0 25w. The quadro k620 draws 30w max but I don't intend on using it at its full tdp, can it run on the 25w slot? 

Update I tried this and it works, I couldn't get the computer to crash or overload the 240w psu.image.thumb.png.2fdca6a3e3a9adeda3d1bb6366d4a03a.png

Hi guys I am going to find out eventually but I will ask here too. I have a dell optiplex 7010 sff and I want to install two gpus on it (a quadro k620 and a tesla p4). The motherboard on this model of computer has two pcie slots, a full x16 3.0 and a x16 wired in x4 2.0. The 3.0 delivers 75w and the 2.0 25w. The quadro k620 draws 30w max but I don't intend on using it at its full tdp, can it run on the 25w slot? 

Which CPU does this computer have ? The Quadro is so weak that any decent iGPU would outperform it.

On the other hand, the Quadro may be rated at 30W tdp but its power draw is more in the range of 45W (inefficiencies so that the core gets 30W). Running that card on a 25W is asking for trouble, imho.

On 11/17/2023 at 9:03 PM, Sawa Takahashi said:

Which CPU does this computer have ? The Quadro is so weak that any decent iGPU would outperform it.

On the other hand, the Quadro may be rated at 30W tdp but its power draw is more in the range of 45W (inefficiencies so that the core gets 30W). Running that card on a 25W is asking for trouble, imho.

There is no way the igpu is better than the quadro because its a 3rd gen i5. Regarding the Quadro, it will only do simple tasks like browsing and video replay and i have never seen it go over 10 w in my tests doing these things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 5:25 PM, RPK_R5 said:

Update I tried this and it works, I couldn't get the computer to crash or overload the 240w psu.image.thumb.png.2fdca6a3e3a9adeda3d1bb6366d4a03a.png