Acer 575g Laptop Battery Issues

Greetings Everyone! My sister's laptop for some reason drains too quickly, charged at 100% and it'll die in around 20-27 minutes (Microsoft estimation) which is pretty accurate if not quicker. I tried resetting the battery using the pinhole at the back of the laptop but I think that just made it worse and is now stuck charging at 24% although it seems the battery drain estimation is more accurate now. I also did the acer care center checkup on the battery and it says "Battery Life has degraded due to longterm use", does that mean the battery is dead?? Or do I just have to calibrate something any help would be much appreciated thank you!

If its an old laptop, then the cpu has to work harder than a new one, just to run windows, and with degraded battery it makes sense to drain this fast

It's a 7 year old laptop the battery is simply worn out. Even with a new battery you won't get back to the battery life you used to have since this laptop is quite dated and simply has to work a lot harder to do the same tasks it used to do as operating systems and applications have kept moving forward