RAM not running at full speed

SimplyMoron

I finished my new build yesterday and tried turning on the XMP profile from the bios but after saving the settings and exiting the bios the pc did not boot. I had to perform a bios flashback. I tried this one more time and was faced with the same outcome. I am using the Corsair Dominator Platinum 16x4 6400 MHz but its only running at 3600MHz without XMP enabled. Is there any solution to this and will the ram speed affect my fps in games by a significant amount? Also, is 45-50 degree Celsius normal idle temperature for a Ryzen 7 7800X3D?

13 minutes ago, SimplyMoron said:

I finished my new build yesterday and tried turning on the XMP profile from the bios but after saving the settings and exiting the bios the pc did not boot. I had to perform a bios flashback. I tried this one more time and was faced with the same outcome. I am using the Corsair Dominator Platinum 16x4 6400 MHz but its only running at 3600MHz without XMP enabled. Is there any solution to this and will the ram speed affect my fps in games by a significant amount? Also, is 45-50 degree Celsius normal idle temperature for a Ryzen 7 7800X3D?

so since ur amd its expo but expo isnt garnted to be stable that is some rlly fast ram since u have 4 sticks the cpus momery controler proberly cant handle it it should be fine to run with out expo enabled 3600mhz is till prety fast and in regards to cpu temp it is prety normal am5 runs hott af

First have you tried 6000MHz? 6000MHz is actually a softcap for Ryzen 7000 right now. Should be stable at those speeds as that's what everyone aims for.

I know zen and zen+ had issues with more than 2 dimms being used but new stuff should still be stable.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

14 hours ago, venomtail said:

First have you tried 6000MHz? 6000MHz is actually a softcap for Ryzen 7000 right now. Should be stable at those speeds as that's what everyone aims for.

I know zen and zen+ had issues with more than 2 dimms being used but new stuff should still be stable.

I tried 5600MHz and it gives the same outcome.

11 hours ago, Side said:

Check from your motherboard manufacturer's website whether it supports the model number of the RAM that you have. It seems that you purchased unsupported RAM. 

I just checked the ASUS website for my motherboard and my model of ram doesn’t show up.

2 hours ago, SimplyMoron said:

I just checked the ASUS website for my motherboard and my model of ram doesn’t show up.

the qvl is just a standard list of ram that has been tested with that particular board.