Promotional contest, is Quebec saved?

HighFad

Is this the saving grace whe needed to stop getting that "global contest except quebec" thing? for exemple on the wan show linus said "its all north america except quebec" for the Vancouver's trip contest on lttstore. does this abolished law change things?

https://www.canadianlawyermag.com/news/general/quebec-scraps-its-unique-regulatory-system-for-promotional-contests/381227

Companies should start running some Quebec exclusive contests to make up for the years of hurt馃槄

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

A want their cake and eat it too kind of law...

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800聽- RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta聽- Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

Setup:聽Zowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro -聽Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X聽- Mackie CR5X's -聽

Current build on PCPartPicker

-> Moved to Off Topic

Not about technology, and closer to politics.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Won't change anything. Will still get excluded regardless. Companies were not excluding Quebec just because of the "administrative load" it caused.

Just have to see the fact the article literally says in 2021 these rules no longer applied to international contests. What did we see? Fat load of nothing, still gets excluded no matter what.

Companies are not keeping themselves up to date on these things. It will take a while before we see that "excluding Quebec" stigma go away. If it ever does.

6 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Off Topic

Not about technology, and closer to politics.

Oh congrats on attaining the "Grand Master" rank as of 42 minutes ago. Didn't even think it was possible for anyone to get that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x聽/ GPU:Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB/ RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB聽DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus聽/ NVME: Corsair聽MP510 240GB / Case:TT Core v21聽/ PSU: Seasonic 750W聽/ OS: Win聽10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Oh congrats on attaining the "Grand Master" rank as of 42 minutes ago. Didn't even think it was possible for anyone to get that.

Turns out supressing "free speech" gain ranks fast (/jk obviously)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv