reddit link/embed

Quackers101
Go to solution Solved by Quackers101,

Okey, see it now. it only works when disabling private browsing*

sorry

OS and Browser (updated)
Firefox 119, windows 10

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

I guess its related to reddit posts with images to take even more space than normal?

else not sure.

What happened?

link becomes something one can't adjust? (might sometimes happen with other sites?)

What did you expect to happen?

I guess a box element like other links or attachments?

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

This is what I'm seeing. It appears to be displaying the embedded content from Reddit correctly. Can you explain exactly what the issue is?

image.png

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

link becomes something one can't adjust?

What type of adjustments were you hoping to make?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I see the same thing Spotty does. Usually when things break like this its the result of an extension. Try disabling browser extensions and testing 1 by 1 to see which it may be if it is an extension gone bad.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

9 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

I guess a box element like other links or attachments?

Embeds don't operate same way as other elements. Like quotes or spoilers. You have two choices. Either embed in a form decided by forum devs, or display as a link.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, Spotty said:

This is what I'm seeing. It appears to be displaying the embedded content from Reddit correctly. Can you explain exactly what the issue is?

Spoiler

image.png

oh stuff like that used to work before and thought it was the forum, didn't think it was related to my browser as it doesn't seem to work.
As I thought it would be an element like for example like an video "box" or imported images etc or as an "link box" where the , doesn't for me.

This is what I see (did think the empty space would maybe be a "broken image space")

Also its how I see twitter links too, so thought it was normal behavior:

image.png.98914e320696655099aa90fd4740cb1e.png

Edited by Quackers101

41 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Okey, see it now. it only works when disabling private browsing*

sorry

This is Firefox's tracking protection, because embedding a reddit post means reddit's tracking code could get run.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

This is Firefox's tracking protection, because embedding a reddit post means reddit's tracking code could get run.

Do you know if is simple to have these embeddings to turn into links compared to the current timed action, as if the text box (or what the name for it is) knows the element and able to select it into a link, if not able to manually select/edit the "broken embed" like maybe a button to turn all embeds to link in the "text box"?

26 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Do you know if is simple to have these embeddings to turn into links compared to the current timed action, as if the text box (or what the name for it is) knows the element and able to select it into a link, if not able to manually select/edit the "broken embed" like maybe a button to turn all embeds to link in the "text box"?

There's nothing we can do about how it's displayed (you'd need to talk to Reddit abou that), but it is turned into a link, albeit a pretty ugly one that takes up more space than necessary.

HTTP/2 203