Omegle.com shuts down after 14 years of connecting strangers on the Internet

Invincible Sugar
On 11/18/2023 at 12:53 PM, Donut417 said:

How could they? Just in the US, ID's are issued at the state level. Thats 50 different issuing bodies. I doubt most have an ability to check the ID if your not in law enforcement. I highly doubt you will be able to figure that out with a digital copy alone.聽

The compliance is mostly just for CYA purposes to say that they did what the letter of the law said to do to abolish themselves of liability should the "performer" be underaged. The bar for purchase is much much lower of course and I believe that burden lies more with the payment processor side of things. It's been a while since I 'boned up' on all of this since my partner started their side hustle ages ago but I know I had to make an account with and verify my identity with a photo ID and matching face picture that I'm pretty sure a 3rd party used facial recognition then hit up a database of state ID info to verify it's a real actual ID not a made up one. Honestly it's probably not that hard to fool the system but probably also not that hard for them to catch you doing it when you slip up.

So *technically* I have an Onlyfans. 馃槄

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

m pretty sure a 3rd party used facial recognition then hit up a database of state ID info

Thats if the state has that. You wouldn't believe how old school governments are. I mean the freaking unemployment system is based on a dead programing language in many states. Im going to guess that most states are investing in other things.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.聽

10 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Thats if the state has that. You wouldn't believe how old school governments are. I mean the freaking unemployment system is based on a dead programing language in many states. Im going to guess that most states are investing in other things.

Most state ID's have a bardcode that scans or the ID can be scanned through a device that reads the data and fairly quickly pings a database maintained by either the state or a 3rd party with state info. With RealID it's going to be a federal database...but that relies on states doing their job correctly. Yeah it's a mess.