Cheap ITX case

TatamiMatt

Hi all, i have a bunch of spare components left over from various builds including a small GPU, an ITX motherboard with intel stock cooler that does an adequate job and an ATX PSU.

Im looking for a PC that i can move around a lot and can take a bit of a beating without me worrying im damaging expensive components.

So my question is, whats the smallest cheapest case i can buy that supports, if possible, a horizontal GPU (so i dont have to buy a riser, im aiming for as cheap as possible), an ITX motherboard (cooler clearance doesnt matter) and an ATX semi-modular PSU. And a handle would be nice but not necessary in the slightest

Cost is primary as this is just going to be a PC that beats about the place and i dont want to spend anything more on pc parts if possible

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Have your pick. Note that PCPartPicker does notify you when a full sized PSU doesn't fit but for some reason doesn't let you filter size by choice. You can start a new build, pick a full sized PSU and then open the link.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

You can also use Amazon and Newegg to help you search...I mean you can get a few for ~>$50. Amazon has a terrible filter system so try Newegg first. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Hey, just by sheer chance (I wasn't actually looking for cases for you), I came across this and thought you might be interested.

https://www.amazon.com/DARKROCK-MH200-Mid-Tower-High-Airflow-Pre-Installed/dp/B0C73BN6D9?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a portable mATX case, this Jonsbo C6 might be a good choice at $65. Or this SAMA IM01PRO for $80. Here's a $150 mesh case with handle, or the same case for $168 LOL. The Silverstone Alta G1M for $151 looks interesting with 4 mesh panels but no handle. Another mATX portable for $27! Or maybe you'd prefer this one with the painful looking handle for $163 or $159 if you prefer? But I think this Mars Gaming McMesh for $96 is captivating. I wish they had it in ATX. But, this Geometric Future M2 The ARK is mesmerizing even though it's $170 on Amazon, or $151 on NewEgg, and liable to get dusty! Website

There's also the Asus Prime AP201 for $60-90 on NewEgg.