MSI MAG A750GL

Go to solution Solved by naylor2006,
6 minutes ago, hananel dahan said:

what brand you recommend for me? 

Well I cant speak for a wide range of PSU's im sure there are folks on here that have far better experience than me, what I can tell you is that I replaced this MSI with a Corsair RM750 (2021), its modular 80 Plus Gold and doesnt make a sound when idle 🙂 Im very happy with it.

hey guys im looking for some info about this specific psu warranty policy, meanwhile i found nothing.

any official source about this one?

how long the warranty? and how can i register.

ty so much

IMG_20231107_075911.jpg

I strongly recommend you dont get this PSU, of it you have it return it for another one. I got through 3 of these for a new build, nothing wrong with the power delivery or generally quality but the fan noise is horrible on idle. This PSU does not feature a passive mode, so the fan never turns off when the machine is not under load.

The first one I got had a ticking noise from the fan, the second had the same but slightly quieter and the third one had a horrible bearing whine. Some of this is my own doing for building a silent case otherwise but I assumed this would be inaudible, it is not. After a short bit of research a ton of people reported the same thing.

Specific warranty information will depend on your location, if you head on over to the MSI website you can register and sign in and you can I expect find out that way. 

6 minutes ago, naylor2006 said:

I strongly recommend you dont get this PSU, of it you have it return it for another one. I got through 3 of these for a new build, nothing wrong with the power delivery or generally quality but the fan noise is horrible on idle. This PSU does not feature a passive mode, so the fan never turns off when the machine is not under load.

The first one I got had a ticking noise from the fan, the second had the same but slightly quieter and the third one had a horrible bearing whine. Some of this is my own doing for building a silent case otherwise but I assumed this would be inaudible, it is not. After a short bit of research a ton of people reported the same thing.

Specific warranty information will depend on your location, if you head on over to the MSI website you can register and sign in and you can I expect find out that way. 

6 minutes ago, hananel dahan said:

Well I cant speak for a wide range of PSU's im sure there are folks on here that have far better experience than me, what I can tell you is that I replaced this MSI with a Corsair RM750 (2021), its modular 80 Plus Gold and doesnt make a sound when idle 🙂 Im very happy with it.

5 hours ago, naylor2006 said:

ty so much 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 4:48 PM, hananel dahan said:

ty so much 

Which one did you pick up in the end?

On 11/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, naylor2006 said:

Which one did you pick up in the end?

thermaltake 750w with smart switch atx 3.0