Cheapest, Reliable Mechanical Keyboard

LAMSTER69
Go to solution Solved by Samdb,

You have a few options, if you want a simple, no frills board, go with this one: http://www.cclonline.com/product/44876/G80-3000LSCGB-2/Keyboards/Cherry-Wired-Professional-Keyboard-with-Gold-Crosspoint-Contacts/KBD1152/

If you want a keyboard that looks at little bit nicer and has more features, go with the Ducky Zero: http://www.cclonline.com/product/102210/DK2108-BUKLLA/Keyboards/Ducky-DK2108-Zero-Mechanical-Keyboard-Brown-Cherry-Switch/KBD0572/

Hey guys,

My current keyboard needs to be replaced and I would like to have a cheap reliable mechanical keyboard to take its place. I would like to have a backlit, but that is not a great need of mine as I have rarely used the backlit on my current keyboard. So my question - what is the cheapest reliable mechanical keyboard that is available in Cherry MX/Kaihl brown(preferred choice) and blue switches.

I would also appreciate if you can take regional availability into account, I live in the UK and their are a lot of keyboards that are not available in the UK.

Thanks

if it has cherry MX key switches its reliable

Soooo, any suggestions?

The Poseidon Z comes in both Kahl and MX variants, the Kahl being cheaper. Otherwise the CM Storn Quickfire is a great choice as well.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Soooo, any suggestions?

you wanted the cheapest so find the cheapest in your region with cherry keys :P i dont know whats cheapest in the UK

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Cherry actually has their own keyboards. The are fairly cheap (compared to others) and are actually pretty nice.

They are less than 60€ in Germany.

My brother just got his with red switches the other day.

cherry mx board 3.0

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

CM Storm Quickfire series is excellent at rather low price (when compared to other mechanical keyboards).

Cherry actually has their own keyboards. The are fairly cheap (compared to others) and are actually pretty nice.

They are less than 60€ in Germany.

My brother just got his with red switches the other day.

cherry mx board 3.0

I have that one as well. Bought it mainly because of the price and the low profile keycaps. It's alright. My only gripe is that the coloring on the small plate with the illuminated cherry logo got a few ugly fissures over time. It's cosmetic only and I fixed it with a permanent marker. Apart from that it's working just fine.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit