Cases without fans pre-installed?

Mazie

I am going to build a new PC soon'ish, and was originally planning on using an NZXT H5 Elite, but having seen my mates newly built Phantek NV5 with a Phantek Glacier One 360D30 cooler, and 3 D30 fans, Im thinking I might wanna spend a bit more for aesthetics, since that just looks great!

So what I'm looking for is essentially cases that come without fans pre-installed, since I want to use some of the fans I find best aesthetically like the Lian Li Uni Fans or Phanteks D30.

The easy choice is ofcourse going for an NV5 and D30 fans, but I kinda want to look at alternatives.

Budget wise I'm probably looking for a case thats around the NV50, but if its like $50-$75 more its not the issue, I just dont want to be paying for pre-installed fans that I wont use.

Ofcourse cases with pre-installed RGB fans like the Uni Fans or D30s are also an option.

Regarding looks of the case, Im a big fan of the dual chamber cases like Hyte Y60, NZXT H9 or Lian Li O11, but I havent been able to find one of these that doesnt include fans, or include the fans I really want.

I want a tempered glass side and preferably front, but top is not important at all. 

So, I'm open to suggestions, whats out there that could fit my needs?

Dual chamber are all premium cases, will push you past budget cases.

H6 flow came out a few days ago. Great design that sort of hides how fat dual chamber cases are. Pretty decent case with only a few things reviewers take issue with. A tier seems like.

Front is also designed with 120mm in mind not 140mm like most cases to fill out the gaps, making it look better. D30's will be a better fit than any case where 140mm are meant to be.

Edited by venomtail

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

2 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Dual chamber are all premium cases, will push you past budget cases.

H6 flow came out a few days ago. Great design that sort of hides how fat dual chamber cases are. Pretty decent case with only a few things reviewers take issue with. A tier seems like.

I looked at the H6, and thats a decent price, but I am not a fan of the crooked corner, I much prefer a square case, since I actually like the look of the 3 fans at the side.

I dont mind increasing the budget, for a case like Hyte Y60, I just simply dont want to waste pre-installed fans. Thats why I'm looking for a case without fans, or if possible a case with great RGB fans like the Lian Li Uni Fans or Phanteks D30s. There's probably alternatives to these fans, so open to suggestions for that aswell.

5 minutes ago, Mazie said:

I looked at the H6, and thats a decent price, but I am not a fan of the crooked corner, I much prefer a square case, since I actually like the look of the 3 fans at the side.

I dont mind increasing the budget, for a case like Hyte Y60, I just simply dont want to waste pre-installed fans. Thats why I'm looking for a case without fans, or if possible a case with great RGB fans like the Lian Li Uni Fans or Phanteks D30s. There's probably alternatives to these fans, so open to suggestions for that aswell.

I updated my post. The cut corner is H6's allowing for better airflow which is its selling feature cause lack of airflow is a know problem with dual chamber case but if it's not for you then not much we can do.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

11 minutes ago, Mazie said:

Realistically you won't find too many cases without fans. That way case manufacturers can ask for higher prices cause "you get more for the money" when realistically fans at such a scale cost pennies and they can stick to their fatter margins.

You can realistically think of where to reuse included fans than find a premium case without fans.

Just now, venomtail said:

Realistically you won't find too many cases without fans. That way case manufacturers can ask for higher prices cause "you get more for the money" when realistically fans at such a scale cost pennies and they can stick to their fatter margins.

Aight, I might just be better off sticking with the NV5 in that case

Hyte also just came out with a brand new redesign for their Y70 that might interest you. Definitely unique but pricy. At least pricy in a good way:

1 minute ago, venomtail said:

Hyte also just came out with a brand new redesign for their Y70 that might interest you. Definitely unique but pricy. At least pricy in a good way:

Ignore that, I thought the price tag was under $200 not near $400...

2 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Ignore that, I thought the price tag was under $200 not near $400...

Haha, yea thats definitely an awesome case, but thats also alot more than id ever spend 😛

Keep in mind that newer cases, fans, hubs, etc from several makers, including LL, Phanteks, NZXT. Corsair and several others are using proprietary connectors which means you either stick to one ecosystem, buy adapters, or buy multiple hubs. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

2 hours ago, Mazie said:

I am going to build a new PC soon'ish, and was originally planning on using an NZXT H5 Elite, but having seen my mates newly built Phantek NV5 with a Phantek Glacier One 360D30 cooler, and 3 D30 fans, Im thinking I might wanna spend a bit more for aesthetics, since that just looks great!

So what I'm looking for is essentially cases that come without fans pre-installed, since I want to use some of the fans I find best aesthetically like the Lian Li Uni Fans or Phanteks D30.

The easy choice is ofcourse going for an NV5 and D30 fans, but I kinda want to look at alternatives.

Budget wise I'm probably looking for a case thats around the NV50, but if its like $50-$75 more its not the issue, I just dont want to be paying for pre-installed fans that I wont use.

Ofcourse cases with pre-installed RGB fans like the Uni Fans or D30s are also an option.

Regarding looks of the case, Im a big fan of the dual chamber cases like Hyte Y60, NZXT H9 or Lian Li O11, but I havent been able to find one of these that doesnt include fans, or include the fans I really want.

I want a tempered glass side and preferably front, but top is not important at all. 

So, I'm open to suggestions, whats out there that could fit my needs?

Why not just get a Arctic Liquid Freezer II instead? I know it's not as pretty, but you can get the RGB version. The good thing about the cooler is no bullshit software and pump and fan speed is synchronized. Also it's cheaper and performs better, both is terms of silence and cooling. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Why not just get a Arctic Liquid Freezer II instead? I know it's not as pretty, but you can get the RGB version. The good thing about the cooler is no bullshit software and pump and fan speed is synchronized. Also it's cheaper and performs better, both is terms of silence and cooling. 

Unless you lose the quality lottery like some people have. One guy got his replaced and the 2nd one had the same problem. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

3 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Keep in mind that newer cases, fans, hubs, etc from several makers, including LL, Phanteks, NZXT. Corsair and several others are using proprietary connectors which means you either stick to one ecosystem, buy adapters, or buy multiple hubs. 

Thats why I want the same kind of fans etc on everything.

The dream for me would be a Hyte Y60 with either Lian Li Galahad and Uni Fans in the case or Phanteks Glacier One with D30 fans in the case. But I just wont buy a case and throw out fans etc, then id rather go with something like the NV5 and build in that.

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

The whole idea of an AIO vs. normal tower cooler, is the aesthetics. So the only reason I am considering spending money on the case/AIO/fan, is to get the same look on everything.

Having a different brand AIO, kinda ruins that idea, and I might aswell just stick with my original plan and get a much cheaper tower cooler.

3 minutes ago, Mazie said:

The whole idea of an AIO vs. normal tower cooler, is the aesthetics. So the only reason I am considering spending money on the case/AIO/fan, is to get the same look on everything.

Having a different brand AIO, kinda ruins that idea, and I might aswell just stick with my original plan and get a much cheaper tower cooler.

Yea I understand 🙂 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, Mazie said:

dule chamber case normally cant have a tall cooler so there made for aio pulse the air from the side is not the best for tower coolers anyway a thing to note.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links