Beats Studio3 Headset Review

My old Solo Beats finally kicked the bucket after a good 5 years of near daily use. I decided that I wanted something a bit better and would (hopefully) last longer, even though 5 years for headphones is a pretty long time. So, I picked up the Studio3's from Beats. (Apple) It's been probably 7-8 months since I got them, so here are the pros and of course with any good review, has the cons.

THE PROS

These headphones blow my old headphones out the water in terms of sound quality. Instruments are way more clear, bass has a greater punch, and it just sounds well balanced. I know that Beats to the audio geeks out there sound like speakers underwater, but to me they are great. They fit very well on me which helps since I wear them for 3-7 hours a day. Another big thing is noise cancelling. While I don't use it since it makes me feel like my head is in a glass bowl, you don't really need it. The padding and volume is enough for you to basically hear nothing in the outside world. Battery life is amazing since I can go almost a full week on a single charge and it takes maybe 30-45 minutes to fully charge. Battery life is needed in good headphones and these definitely deliver on that.

THE CONS

The selling point of these headphones, the noise cancelling, is the greatest con. You can't hear anything, so when someone is talking to you, you don't even notice they are. It can be annoying for people to try to talk to you and you are basically ignoring them, but (sometimes) you don't mean to. What I'm saying here is that the noise cancelling is too good, and I'm not complaining about that. The biggest issue is the non-users of these headphones, who are trying to talk to you in-person. Enough ranting, but just have your volume lower and noise cancelling off and you should be alright.

CONCLUSION

These headphones are great for everyday listening and have excellent battery life. Just have your volume lower when using these.

Beats Studio3 Headset Rating: 9.5/10

how are you doing today

Did Beats improve the quality of the audio in them. Out of all the Beats I have ever used they were literally crap. The mids and highs sounded like crap. They had no bass to them whatsoever and I have used headphones that were 30 bucks that sounded immensely better. At one point in time someone broke down the parts used in beats and came out to be 15 bucks and they were selling them for 300. As from what I gather Beats are a colossal  waste of money and a 30 dollar pair of phones from a well known audio company like JVC will blow Beats out of the water. It has been well known that Beats suck, but people still use them for what reason I do not know. I guess they have more money than sense.

7 hours ago, fade2black001 said:

Did Beats improve the quality of the audio in them. Out of all the Beats I have ever used they were literally crap. The mids and highs sounded like crap. They had no bass to them whatsoever and I have used headphones that were 30 bucks that sounded immensely better. At one point in time someone broke down the parts used in beats and came out to be 15 bucks and they were selling them for 300. As from what I gather Beats are a colossal  waste of money and a 30 dollar pair of phones from a well known audio company like JVC will blow Beats out of the water. It has been well known that Beats suck, but people still use them for what reason I do not know. I guess they have more money than sense.

I said in my article that compared to other headphones, they suck. However, when you are taking in the regular customer, like me in terms of audio, people will believe that these are amazing. They may have gotten better due to Apple’s implementation of their own hardware into the headphones, but I strongly doubt that a good pair of JVC’s or other companies will lack in quality compared to these.

how are you doing today