[144 Hz, 5 ms Asus ProArt PA278CGV] (High) Response time at high refresh rates

Kon-Tiki
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

5ms was low response 5 years ago,

It doesn't matter one bit at all. The average gaming mouse delay is for example 8ms. At this point it's just so much diminishing returns just don't care about it.

Unless you are the proest of propro proper pro gamers this doesn't matter one fucking bit.

So get your dream screen.

Hello everyone,

I'm currently considering acquiring an Asus ProArt PA278CGV 1440p, 144 Hz monitor. It ticks all the boxes for my use case: USB-C charging and display connection, high refresh rate, decent brightness, good design, VRR. Granted, I don't need a pre-calibrated panel for my work but I'll take it.

My main question regards the combination of a high refresh rate with a high response time of 5 ms (GTG). While my primary use case is office work, I do enjoy the occasional game, including titles like CS:GO. Does anyone have experience with this type of combination of response time and refresh rate? If so, what is your opinion on it? Does it work well for (fast paced) games, how does it compare to a 144 Hz, 1 ms screen? If you would recommend another monitor, please also let me know. Requirements are: Brightnes ≥ 350 cd/m2, refresh rate ≥ 100 Hz, resolution 2560 x 1440, USB-C display connection preferably with power delivery (65 W or more), "professional" design 😉

Thank you in advance 🙂

Cheers

5ms was low response 5 years ago,

It doesn't matter one bit at all. The average gaming mouse delay is for example 8ms. At this point it's just so much diminishing returns just don't care about it.

Unless you are the proest of propro proper pro gamers this doesn't matter one fucking bit.

So get your dream screen.