Been wanting to build a submerged mini pc

Teslacshox

Howdy peeps, for the past few months I've had the idea of a mini PC build, where it'd be a minisforum sized PC enclosed within a clear case within a liquid medium, being mineral oil or 3M's Fluorinert liquid, and a peltier on top. Should I put the PC ports right up against the acrylic case, or should I have the usb's extended so as to not have any problems with plugging things in?

1 hour ago, Teslacshox said:

Howdy peeps, for the past few months I've had the idea of a mini PC build, where it'd be a minisforum sized PC enclosed within a clear case within a liquid medium, being mineral oil or 3M's Fluorinert liquid, and a peltier on top. Should I put the PC ports right up against the acrylic case, or should I have the usb's extended so as to not have any problems with plugging things in?

How are you planning on having the acrylic bonded? Mineral oil is reeeally good at dissolving things like adhesives.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

How are you planning on having the acrylic bonded? Mineral oil is reeeally good at dissolving things like adhesives.

Acrylic bonding physically melts the seams together. Much like welding.

2 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Acrylic bonding physically melts the seams together. Much like welding.

Just making sure OP is doing due diligence. Even on something like an office building, due diligence can be difficult. Having a mineral oil leak gets really messy and becomes very difficult to clean up completely

On 10/26/2023 at 7:32 PM, BiotechBen said:

Just making sure OP is doing due diligence. Even on something like an office building, due diligence can be difficult. Having a mineral oil leak gets really messy and becomes very difficult to clean up completely

What're your thoughts on Fluorinert liquid from 3m?

29 minutes ago, Teslacshox said:

What're your thoughts on Fluorinert liquid from 3m?

It's extremely expensive for something like this. Nearly $1000 per gallon.