Lian Li Unifan Warranty Delays

GamerTrem

I ordered the original Lian Li Unifan when I finally found them in stock after they launched. Now two of them are having significant degradation in the RGB. I have them set to a Static Blue. One of the fans has multiple nodes that have failed so there is gaps in the RGB. They other will flicker or rapidly flash between red and blue. I submitted a warranty claim including a video of the issue. It's been two weeks and I have only received the initial response that my warranty claim was received. 

This is apparently a known issue with the fans. Has anyone else had long delays working with Lian Li warranties? I'm at a loss of what to do if they don't respond.

9 hours ago, GamerTrem said:

I ordered the original Lian Li Unifan when I finally found them in stock after they launched. Now two of them are having significant degradation in the RGB. I have them set to a Static Blue. One of the fans has multiple nodes that have failed so there is gaps in the RGB. They other will flicker or rapidly flash between red and blue. I submitted a warranty claim including a video of the issue. It's been two weeks and I have only received the initial response that my warranty claim was received. 

This is apparently a known issue with the fans. Has anyone else had long delays working with Lian Li warranties? I'm at a loss of what to do if they don't respond.

What's your region?

Like my BF have LianLi Lancool II Mesh C arrived with a smashed front panel from Amazon [Sweden], LianLi quickly sent over a new front panel and arrived in a week.

10 hours ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

What's your region?

Like my BF have LianLi Lancool II Mesh C arrived with a smashed front panel from Amazon [Sweden], LianLi quickly sent over a new front panel and arrived in a week.

I'm in the US. California to be more specific. I'm more concerned that they haven't contacted me to verify any details or to say yes/no to the warranty.

Just now, GamerTrem said:

I'm in the US. California to be more specific. I'm more concerned that they haven't contacted me to verify any details or to say yes/no to the warranty.

Give them a week and try again I would say. I think they replied to ours in 3 days... (But I remember we actually got impatient and almost get Amazon to replace the case...)

I would contact them again right away. 2 weeks with no real person contacting you is totally unacceptable for a company with such high prices. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

• 4 months later...

As a VERY late reply it took multiple messages and about a month to get a response. Once they did reply they told me they closed the warranty claim because it was out of the warranty period (by about 4 months). I asked why I wasn't notified, and they said their team made a mistake and apologized. Honestly, I'm doubting whether or not I'll buy from them again. A bad warranty experience really leaves a bad overall feeling. The Secret Shopper series really highlights the issues a lot of companies (any and all companies) can potentially have.

25 minutes ago, GamerTrem said:

As a VERY late reply it took multiple messages and about a month to get a response. Once they did reply they told me they closed the warranty claim because it was out of the warranty period (by about 4 months). I asked why I wasn't notified, and they said their team made a mistake and apologized. Honestly, I'm doubting whether or not I'll buy from them again. A bad warranty experience really leaves a bad overall feeling. The Secret Shopper series really highlights the issues a lot of companies (any and all companies) can potentially have.

So, are they correct that it was 4 months out of warranty? If that's the case, the only complaint that you have is a slow response. I had a similar problem with them just trying to get some missing parts from open boxes from Micro Center. Ultimately, they were only willing to suggest that I use Ali Express, which I'm not willing to use.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 3/16/2024 at 2:33 PM, RevGAM said:

So, are they correct that it was 4 months out of warranty? If that's the case, the only complaint that you have is a slow response. I had a similar problem with them just trying to get some missing parts from open boxes from Micro Center. Ultimately, they were only willing to suggest that I use Ali Express, which I'm not willing to use.

Unfortunately they were out of warranty by several months. If I had contacted them when the issue started they would have replaced them. The biggest issue is the slow warranty services and lack of communication. But having known malfunctioning hardware and not directly contacting those who purchased them (as much as is possible with 3rd party sellers) seems like a lapse as well. Not to the extent other companies have gone at least.