Motherboard "error" flashes red, then yellow, then white and stays white

Hello,

I tried building my first PC today, but it doesn't seem to boot up (the RGB and the fans turn on though). The motherboard flashes red, than yellow/orange, then white and stays white at that point. I also noticed that the GPU's fans didn't turn on

And it could be important to note that the PSU I bought came we 2 PCIe cables and 2 CPU cables to connect to the motherboard. I connected the two CPU cables, but then noticed that my GPU had 3 PCIe slots for my 2 remaining cables (and there are no other PCIe/CPU slots free on the PSU anyway. The only way to plug in a third PCIE would be to unplug one of the Cpu cables, buy an additional PCIe cable and plug that additional cable to the motherboard, but is that what I need to do? Would this really fix the issue?)

I hope I can quickly fix and that this is not a problem like a damaged component (but it shouldn't be. Everything looked good). And I only had a bit of difficulty when seating the ram (had to push a little more)

More details on the build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Vv9bL9

1 hour ago, jobunseph said:

Hello,

I tried building my first PC today, but it doesn't seem to boot up (the RGB and the fans turn on though). The motherboard flashes red, than yellow/orange, then white and stays white at that point. I also noticed that the GPU's fans didn't turn on

And it could be important to note that the PSU I bought came we 2 PCIe cables and 2 CPU cables to connect to the motherboard. I connected the two CPU cables, but then noticed that my GPU had 3 PCIe slots for my 2 remaining cables (and there are no other PCIe/CPU slots free on the PSU anyway. The only way to plug in a third PCIE would be to unplug one of the Cpu cables, buy an additional PCIe cable and plug that additional cable to the motherboard, but is that what I need to do? Would this really fix the issue?)

I hope I can quickly fix and that this is not a problem like a damaged component (but it shouldn't be. Everything looked good). And I only had a bit of difficulty when seating the ram (had to push a little more)

More details on the build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Vv9bL9

The PSU cables have two 6+2 plugs on each cable!

I know some people go on about not using both, but that's only on junk PSUs and one of those "might as well, just in case" situations.

Even the official 12VHPWR cables only have two plugs on the PSU end and they can push 600W.  Each PCIe plug is "officially" rated to handle 150W, but PSU manufacturers will rate the cable and the PSU plugs higher to handle twice the current.

I think this is partly down to needing to allow a bigger safety margin on the GPU side as the plugs will be subject to heat from the GPU, reducing their capacity.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

The PSU cables have two 6+2 plugs on each cable!

I know some people go on about not using both, but that's only on junk PSUs and one of those "might as well, just in case" situations.

Even the official 12VHPWR cables only have two plugs on the PSU end and they can push 600W.  Each PCIe plug is "officially" rated to handle 150W, but PSU manufacturers will rate the cable and the PSU plugs higher to handle twice the current.

I think this is partly down to needing to allow a bigger safety margin on the GPU side as the plugs will be subject to heat from the GPU, reducing their capacity.

I'm starting to think it might then be because the GPU isn't properly seated in the motherboard. If the PCIe slot in the motherboard needs to be "unlocked" like ram than I for sure missed that step yesterday. I didn't "unlock" just went straight for insertion and seemed to fit