Senior citizen streaming device

Red_TC

Hope this lands in the right place, 

I few months back I finally convinced my parents to make the swap from cable and to Hulu + 

ao far all good with Hulu but the horrible decision I made for google chromecast with the remote has plagued my father with so many issues laggy disconnects from the internet and more 

I have an Apple TV that works flawlessly with no issues all the time but don’t want to throw $300 for 2 new ones for my older parents

was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for something that may work better I would like to keep it under a total of $150-200 for both remote is needed don’t need 4K or any fancy features there both well in to there 60s so a simple interface would be a plus as well. 

what about a roku or firestick? you can delete all the apps not used. and only have the app they are using on the screen.

I have a chromecast HD, you can get one for around $35 USD, it works great and is the easiest to use, i tried apple tv, roku, fire stick. Its an unbeatable value for what if offers, it can even do local or network playback of files with something like Kodi. The remote can control TV's either with CEC or legacy IR as well for most brands.

I got my grandpa a Roku. Very cheap, very easy for older people to learn and understand, plus I think some of the remotes have headphone jacks on the side so you can plug earbuds in, so it's easier to hear, and doesn't distract anyone else around you.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!