My pc doesn't boot after enabling xmp

Whenever I enable xmp on and reboot from gigabyte control center, my pc just goes black and doesn't boot at all while the RGB lights and other parts keep running. I have let it sit up to five mins and had no change whatsoever although if I just manually force shutdown and startup it boots and has the 3600 mhz it supposed to run at. Any idea why is this issue

RAM doesn't run up to spec is what it sounds like, return/replace

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

What are the full system specs? 

Also Gigabyte control center is a dumpster fire, you want to avoid using it at all costs. Enable XMP in the BIOS, not within Windows. I don't think this is fully what's to blame, but it doesn't help. 

Just like @RONOTHAN## said you typically wanna avoid software from vendors like msi, gigabyte, ASUS etc. Coming from personal experience msi center really messes up ur pc and I would assume gigabyte’s equivalent does the same. I am assuming your using Intel chips since you mentioned xmp which typically does not have any issues in ram as compared to the AMD counterpart this is very most likely a software issue make sure to

uninstall gigabyte control center and change ram speed from the bios.

1 minute ago, goatedpenguin said:

I am assuming your using Intel chips since you mentioned xmp which typically don’t have any issues in ram as compared to the AMD counterpart this is 100 percent a software issue

Not necessarily. They are using Intel (in the tags they put Gigabyte B760M), but the LGA 1700 DDR4 memory controller is pretty strange with how it behaves. If they have one of the locked CPUs like a 12400F or 13500, the memory controller on them is incredibly locked down and 3600 is hit or miss whether it will work or not in gear 1. In Gear 2 it should work, but the vast majority of motherboards default to Gear 1 when at or below 3600, so if they got unlucky they've got a CPU that won't work at the XMP spec. 

5 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Not necessarily. They are using Intel (in the tags they put Gigabyte B760M), but the LGA 1700 DDR4 memory controller is pretty strange with how it behaves. If they have one of the locked CPUs like a 12400F or 13500, the memory controller on them is incredibly locked down and 3600 is hit or miss whether it will work or not in gear 1. In Gear 2 it should work, but the vast majority of motherboards default to Gear 1 when at or below 3600, so if they got unlucky they've got a CPU that won't work at the XMP spec. 

I see thanks for correcting me