Is it ok if 2 of my motherboard standoffs are missing?

shortlinus69

I have an ASrock B550 PRO4 and this cheap dogwater case called the "Ant-esports ice-110"

2 of the standoffs I was provided with do not fit in the case holes properly. One was at a slight angle and I tried installing my motherboard in and noticed something was off

and upon trying to remove the motherboard, the 2 case standoffs also came off.

I am 90% sure it isn't the standoffs' problem, but rather the case's.

What do I do?

Which ones are missing?

It is generally not a problem while installing the PC, but when removing components (e.g. RAM, power connectors, graphics card) then it may be an issue if the board isn't held down properly.

Probably but it'd be better if you didn't do that

You could get a tool from home depot or lowes to make new grooves for like $10-20

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

16 hours ago, Tetras said:

Which ones are missing?

It is generally not a problem while installing the PC, but when removing components (e.g. RAM, power connectors, graphics card) then it may be an issue if the board isn't held down properly.

They are like...the middle and the last standoffs after the IO shield. The board kinda wonks when I plug in cables.

(Also I just noticed I forgot to screw another standoff, that also doesn't fit. Silly old me)

Edited by shortlinus69

16 hours ago, ItTakes2ToMango said:

Probably but it'd be better if you didn't do that

You could get a tool from home depot or lowes to make new grooves for like $10-20

I have like 3 groovers but like none, of them fit. 2 of them are too big, one just slides through the hole.

Again, what do I do?

Contact the vendor or manufacturer to get the proper parts. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 10/21/2023 at 5:16 AM, shortlinus69 said:

I have like 3 groovers but like none, of them fit. 2 of them are too big, one just slides through the hole.

Again, what do I do?

This vvvvvvvvvv

On 10/21/2023 at 8:32 AM, RevGAM said:

Contact the vendor or manufacturer to get the proper parts. 

If you know the mm, you could probably order a groover or groover kit that includes the right size. I never found that I had to spend too much for any individual hand tool for fixing my computer parts and accessories. Generally costs less than paying for a replacement

That being said - return items for refund/replacement > everything else

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage