Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL Case RGB not working properly.

TheJedi

My case light bar at the front works perfectly if I want one static colour using the C button. However, I've got it plugged into one of the ARGB headers on my motherboard and I'm trying to use the M button to change the light mode but nothing is happening. If I hold the C button down for 3 seconds, the light turns off as expected but pressing the M button does nothing when it should turn it back on according to Lian Li's site.

What am I missing? 

Thanks

System

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Phanteks eclipse P400A

Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 TI Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16GB XPG D60G CL16 3200MHZ

PSU: Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W

Storage: Crucial P2 1TB

11 minutes ago, TheJedi said:

My case light bar at the front works perfectly if I want one static colour using the C button. However, I've got it plugged into one of the ARGB headers on my motherboard and I'm trying to use the M button to change the light mode but nothing is happening. If I hold the C button down for 3 seconds, the light turns off as expected but pressing the M button does nothing when it should turn it back on according to Lian Li's site.

What am I missing? 

Thanks

I'm not familiar with that product but my guess is that plugging it into the header overrides the mode button. Check the documentation or try unplugging it from the header. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

11 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I'm not familiar with that product but my guess is that plugging it into the header overrides the mode button. Check the documentation or try unplugging it from the header. 

So I tried just having it plugged into my motherboard but it didn't even light up.

The first boot, the light strip was rainbow and looked great but then I pressed the C button and haven't been able to get it back to normal since.

Not really sure what to do haha. I'm not even sure the RGB on the motherboard works at this point as it didn't light up the other device plugged into it either.

System

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Phanteks eclipse P400A

Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 TI Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16GB XPG D60G CL16 3200MHZ

PSU: Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W

Storage: Crucial P2 1TB

11 hours ago, TheJedi said:

So I tried just having it plugged into my motherboard but it didn't even light up.

The first boot, the light strip was rainbow and looked great but then I pressed the C button and haven't been able to get it back to normal since.

Not really sure what to do haha. I'm not even sure the RGB on the motherboard works at this point as it didn't light up the other device plugged into it either.

What did you plug into your mobo? Which header(s)?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂