Please help me decide which switches to get for my GFs keyboard 😉

Ok so... I recently bought a Keychron K10 for my GF as a birthday gift. She deoesn't know it yet, I just got it and I will mod it until her Bday. The only thing I can't decide is which switches to get. She will use it on ber job so it shouldn't be the loudest switch ever, it has to be linear and not too heavy. pre lubed would be nice, however I don't care as long as it doesn't scratch.

Of course I could buy some single switches to test but I'm living in Europe and custom keyboards are not very popular here (at least I had a hard time with my own keyboard) and not every seller has hundreds of switches available. So I would buy from like 5 different sellers and I want to avoid that.

I looked up on several YouTube videos and reviews on different switches and here's my list of switches I got an eye on:

gateron milky pro yellow/red

ktt strawberry

jwk hera

durock black lotus

gateron north pole (kinda expensive) akko cream yellow pro

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

What keyboard does she use now and is she satisfied with it?

If yes try to emulate that one as close as possible.

In the end a keyboard is just a keyboard and almost everyone is happy with cherry reds as long as they are quiet. Which when using it on the job a mechanical keyboard basically HAS to be silenced as it's simply too loud even basic ones.

Personally got Gateron Milky Reds and Cherry MX reds at home. The milky reds are noticably more quiet yet still on the somewhat louder side but a foam mod could take that to the next level. I personally don't have experience with the other switches.

Its a really hard question to answer, everybody has their own preferences.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

59 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What keyboard does she use now and is she satisfied with it?

If yes try to emulate that one as close as possible.

In the end a keyboard is just a keyboard and almost everyone is happy with cherry reds as long as they are quiet. Which when using it on the job a mechanical keyboard basically HAS to be silenced as it's simply too loud even basic ones.

That's the point. It's some sort of 20$ Logitech rubberdome office crap. You know what I mean. But she likes to type on my keyboard at home so I thought I should get her one for work too. I got Cherry MX Reds currently which I'm going to replace soon because I don't like the feel anymore.

6 minutes ago, patrickgstir said:

But she likes to type on my keyboard at home so I thought I should get her one for work too. I got Cherry MX Reds currently

So she likes cherry Reds, why not get het Silent Reds in that case?

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

13 minutes ago, Alinz said:

So she likes cherry Reds, why not get het Silent Reds in that case?

i was thinking the same. might as well look for stock lubed ones

The gateron creamy pro reds are pre lubed tho they are far from silent, I'd say go for a pre lubed silent linear switch with 45-60 gf of actuation force. tough to find but a good starting point to find the switch you want